2.0 Rc2

Gape

I hate obscure versions of msvcrt like 6.10.xxxx which came from IE6, which you didn't want to support. Include real msvcrt 6.0SP6, please. Include all of it, please, not just 3 out of 10 or so files. Do you want vcredist.exe?
Actually VCredist installs older versions of these DLLs. Newest ones I know of are included in VS6 SP6 = please see details + d/l links at this page:

http://www.mdgx.com/add.htm#VS6

Here:

http://www.mdgx.com/add.htm#RTF

you'll find newest RICHED20.DLL, RICHED32.DLL + USP10.DLL (RTF controls) supported by Win98/ME.

And here:

http://www.mdgx.com/add.htm#OLE

you'll find newest OLE Automation DLLs, including MSVCRT.DLL.

As far as I'm aware newest ASYCFILT.DLL 2.40.4522, MSVCRT.DLL 6.10.9844.0, OLEAUT32.DLL 2.40.4522, OLEPRO32.DLL 5.0.4522, RICHED20.DLL 5.30.23.1215 + STDOLE2.TLB 2.40.4522 supported by Win98/ME are included with Win2000 SP4:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downl...rvicepacks/sp4/

MSVCRT.DLL 6.10.9844.0 2003-06-19 from Win2000SP4

or

MSVCRT.DLL 6.00.9782.0 2004-02-17 from VC6SP6

I prefer the last one. It is in sync with the rest of the bunch. My vcredist.exe is extracted from the full sevice pack. So it is bottled by MS. It works fine unless the weird 6.10.xxxx is on the way.

I really don't know why they messed up the versioning in this case, I just don't like 6.10.xxxx.

That's right. You can always announce that the pack contains some runt-time parts of VC6SP6 with some of WIN2000SP4. That will sound very credible.

Seriously. MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCIRT.DLL, MFC42.DLL, and MSVCP60.DLL are better in sync, but whatever.

MSVCP60.DLL is missing altogether, so I guess SP2RC2 does not really provide the run-time.

Lastly, where does your old MSVCIRT.DLL 6.10.8637.0 2000-06-08 come from?

It's is a mess... oh well, I had to fix my installation by hand from DOS, because 6.10.xxxx is hard to get rid of because of the freaky version number.

Gape. I see you have added back in the icon modifications. But why not update the mydocs.dll icon as well?

Why not include newer keyb.com?

I still need to translate this file, but I will only translate latest build.

hello,

For the reboot problem during the SP install i think i found a sloution: you just have to put the line "SmartReboot=N' in the scr56.inf file a the reboot is disabled. I did it for the french version of the SP and it seems to work properly.

I hope it helps

Matze

Gape. I see you have added back in the icon modifications. But why not update the mydocs.dll icon as well?

Why not include newer keyb.com?

I still need to translate this file, but I will only translate latest build.

Lots of questions :P

I already don't like to add any modified file into SP. So, for only one icon, I don't want to include mydocs.dll. But Explorer.exe and Shell32.dll have lots of icon and bitmap modifications.

I think keyb.com update will not be good for translators like you. But if you say it's OK, I can add it to the next update.

What about vmm.vxd? Shouldn't that be vmm32.vxd?

No. VMM.VXD is the loader part of the VMM32.VXD.

For the reboot problem during the SP install i think i found a sloution: you just have to put the line "SmartReboot=N' in the scr56.inf file a the reboot is disabled. I did it for the french version of the SP and it seems to work properly.

Thanks Matze.

That's right. You can always announce that the pack contains some runt-time parts of VC6SP6 with some of WIN2000SP4. That will sound very credible.

Seriously. MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCIRT.DLL, MFC42.DLL, and MSVCP60.DLL are better in sync, but whatever.

MSVCP60.DLL is missing altogether, so I guess SP2RC2 does not really provide the run-time.

Lastly, where does your old MSVCIRT.DLL 6.10.8637.0 2000-06-08 come from?

It's is a mess... oh well, I had to fix my installation by hand from DOS, because 6.10.xxxx is hard to get rid of because of the freaky version number.

appp,

Sorry, but I don't understand you. These files are in the Windows ME and Windows 2000. Windows ME has originally 6.10.xxxx versions of these DLLs. (MSVCIRT.DLL is from Windows ME). What's the problem with 6.10.xxxx versions?

On the other hand, SP 2.0 has MSVCP60.DLL is in the SP 2.0. It is in the SUPP.CAB.

What about vmm.vxd? Shouldn't that be vmm32.vxd?

Absolutely NOT, hp38guser! Vmm.vxd should STAY vmm.vxd! Otherwise, things will get messed up and Windows will crash at startup when it tries to load the desktop.

The vmm32.vxd file gets customized at Windows setup to work specifically for your computer. Vmm.vxd file gets installed onto the 'Windows\System\Vmm32' folder.

I'll bypass 2.0 rc2 and wait for 2.0 final to come out.

Gape, do you have the Win98se Q270063 ndis.vxd patch?  If so, can you send it to me?  thanks.

Gape:

Could you please send me Q270063 also at your convenience?

Thanks much in advance.

2.0 RC2

Softpedia

RapidShare

MDGx's Mirror

(15.4 MB)

What's new in RC2?

- ADDED: 2 new hot-fixes (192425, 246817).

Gape

I've been happily using SP 1.62. I finally checked out this forum the other day and learned about SP 2.0. I installed RC1 with no problems, other than the reboot issue. However, I've tried several times to install RC2 and get a *bazillion* messages saying that this file, that file, and the other file are missing. I've installed it after having installed only SP 1.62, after having installed only RC1, and even as only a "fresh install" after having uninstalled the other versions and rebooting. The result is always the same.

BTW, I followed the instructions in the "Installation Guide for Win98 SE SP 2.0" as pertained to what my computer had, didn't have, etc. So that should not be an issue in this.

Has anyone else shared this experience with you?

ivman