First Bootup Modification

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been explained previously, I have tried searching but as I'm not really 100% sure what the topic should be called, I am not exactly what keywords to search for. I did try but cannot find acurate results.

I just wanted to know if you can get rid of the part which plays on first boot up, the bit which has music and a pretty logo video. Usually happens just before the "Let's get to know each other" screen.

I have an unattended install which has user name and computer name predefined so the actual "let's get to know each other" screen is not displayed, the music and video part is however.

Thanks

I'm not too sure either what is called, which makes solving my problem very difficult indeed.

The next time I run virtualpc, I'll try to get a screen capture and post a small image in here if that is allowed.

I've found another thread which from what I understand have a similar problem. I'm going to try a suggestion they were talking about and see how I go. If it works, I'll post the answer.

No its not the Tour Windows Xp video.

The video is played only on the first boot up. That is, windows installs, then reboots, then after the black Windows XP with the blue progress bar screen but before the Welcome screen there is a short video with some music.

I have since solved the problem by adding FactoryMode=Yes to my [unattended] part of my winnt.sif

Ok, sure... here's my winnt.sif:

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=0
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"
   AutomaticUpdates=1

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=YES
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   UnattendSwitch="yes"
   FileSystem=*
   OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\VIASRAID;DRIVERS\FASTTRAK;DRIVERS\000_AGP;DRIVERS\001_IDE;DRIVERS\002_INF;DRIVERS\003_WINXP"
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword=*
   EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=250
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
   ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
   FullName="fred"
   OrgName=""
   ComputerName="hal"

[Display]
   BitsPerPel=32
   Xresolution=1024
   YResolution=768

[TapiLocation]
   CountryCode=61
   AreaCode=08

[RegionalSettings]
   LanguageGroup=1
   SystemLocale=00000c09
   UserLocale=00000c09
   InputLocale=0c09:00000409

[Branding]
   BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[URL]
   Home_Page=www.google.com.au

[Proxy]
   Proxy_Enable=0
   Use_Same_Proxy=1

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
   msmsgs=off
   msnexplr=off

Thanks for helping :)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=11580&hl=

I believe the topic start found his solution.

[Unattended]
FactoryMode=YES

Thanks Alanoll, I did find that answer previously in my searches that I have done on this topic. The solution worked for me, but after posting my solution previously in this thread some people continued to offer different ideas. I became unsure as to whether this was the correct answer or not. Now that I know for sure I will put it back into my winnt.sif. (you'll notice its missing from the one I posted)

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me out. :)

Adding..

FactoryMode=Yes to the [unnatended] section of winnt.sif does stop the video being played on first boot up...

However, it also changes the display settings to Classic Style, eg; grey start menu etc.

I think I will just put up with the video until I can figure out how to use XPlode and install everything at the 13 minute mark.