Task Manager That Hooks Ctrl-alt-del

Tihiy

http://rapidshare.de/files/881543/TASKMGR.zip.html (15KB!!!)

Finally i've translated (it took me whole 5 min) my simple "Task Manager".

The main benefit is that it replaces standard ctrl-alt-del taskmanager and can help even when all your programs dead.

Install: extract into \system directory. Add "device=taskmgr.vxd" to [386Enh] section of system.ini. Reboot. (Uninstall: delete files. Remove line.)

You can replace Taskmgr.exe with another good task/process manager. Just put it in your %PATH%.

If you know good task/process manager, please tell me.

I think he is talking about when explorer is dead, how do you get it to start again without the 2k/xp taskmanager's "Start New Task" option?

Yes. It have "Start New Task" option.

also Tihiy, can you make your Task Manager app display an icon on the System try just like the one from W2k/XP? Win2k/XP's version of Task Manager can also be minimized and can track CPU & memory usage.

Maybe - not so hard. But everything needs to be rewritten, current version is very simple and actually isn't useful. Keyboard hook is much more important part of it.

even though i don't use win9x anymore i still collect app for win9x,a screenshot would be nice,also that rapidshare is junk as dl speeds r crap.

Same here as far as collecting..

No prob with rapidshare here.. It is a tiny file.. No point in using anything more if you do not have a web server of your own. :no:

Link for Niresoft 9XMEtaskmanager: http://www.pchardware.ro/Download/index.ph...0&catid=5&ord=1

Haven't tried but sounds good, may be abandoned as can't find authors site?

Cool..and thankyou. I remember this.. Too bad the link you pointed to points to the dead domain name.. However, it was/is enough to figure out the file name.. Which, BTW for those interested, is "tm9xME.zip".. Google it and you will find several sites hosting it.

Yes, i remember it was good. It closely resembles nt-xp task manager interface, but it's written on Visual Basic, and it means you can't rely on it. Its somewhat slow.