Iis Windows Xp

Jzee

HI ALL,

I'VE JUST REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP ON MY COMPUTER, INSTALLED IIS AND MS OFFICE XP. I ALSO INSTALLED F-SECURE CLIENT SECURITY. WHEN I CREATE A DATABASE USING ACCESS I CANNOT UPDATE THE TABLES WITH ASP PAGES BECAUSE IT GIVES ME THE FOLLOWING ERROR: CANNOT UPDATE DATABASE OR OBJECT IS READ-ONLY. WITH OTHER MACHINES I CAN RIGHT CLICK ON THE .MDB FILE AND SET THE SECURITY SETTINGS AND THEN IT WORKS BUT ON MY MACHINE IF I RIGHT CLICK ON THE FILE, THE SECURITY TAB IS NOT PRESENT.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

JULIAN

OK, I am the local administrator on this machine and I've created it with the same app. But my problem is probably the simple file sharing...How do I disable simple file sharing?

Thank you

Guys, it's still not working! Even though I disable the simple file sharing it doesn't show the security tab. I need to share the mdb file for the IIS users so that it's able to update the data. Any more ideas???

For anyone who is still unclear about Simple File Sharing, it can be dis/enabled from the Folder Options dialog (Tools menu in My Computer or Windows Explorer).

The only other thing I can think of is jpatto's suggestion. Is the file you are trying to set permissions on stored on a drive that is formatted with the NTFS file system? FAT-32 partitions do not allow for security to be set at the file level.

The security tab might not also be present if the file is on a server. Do you have Sharing options or just General & Customize when you do properties on the folder? You might need to add that user to the user database on the server machine or join the domain.