Biohazard Xpe Project

SiMoNsAyS

• 2 months later...

@Clint, thanks

last night while i was playing q4 i wondered... could q4 run on a XPE system? will there be any kind of improvement?

then i cleaned the dust of my old bio-xpe project cd (lol) and loaded it.

tried to run q4 but some seconds after fullscreen it suddenly quits :(. there must be a regentry or similar missing.

now the great news is that i tried wh40k dawn of war and it worked flawlessly like wh40k winter assault :o

also i was playing fate and the most important, GTA: SA run smoothly than ever :)

so my next idea came after a few seconds... technically, i could be able to boot a pe-dvd containing gta and launch it directly so it can be played anywhere.

a few tips for this: you need a xp pro iso where you're going to slipstream all bashrat driver packs and all updates available. then you're going to copy the installed gta folder to somewhere inside your new xp-pe-gta.

during the boot a batch file will copy your savegames from A: to the ramdrive B: and launch the game with something like 'start /w DVD:\gta\gtasa.exe'. when you exit the game, the same batch file will quick format the floppy and copy the savegames from B: to A: and after that shutdown the system.

hardware won't be a problem due to driverpacks and the software you need is on the PE. now think about the possibilities, you'll be able to play on every system with dvd and floppy drives (is this illegal? you aren't going to write to the HD). you could use a noCD to prevent the use of another dvd drive...

just something to think about, i couldn't sleep well :P