Best Way To Run Winxp From Cd.

kameleon25

Hello all,

I have been lurking on here for a while looking at various things and am very impressed. I used to be die hard linux but am changing my mind. What I am looking for is the best way to run winxp from a cd kinda like Knoppix is for linux. I have looked at BartPE, UBCD 4 win, 911 rescue cd, etc. What I am looking for is more of actually having a cd with certain programs and settings that I can put in any PC and it be MY settings and MY programs. I mainly would like remote desktop client for windows on there as I can use it to connect to my terminal server at the office. Which of the above (or others) would be best for my requirements?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

kameleon

P.S. I know that BartPE is probably my best bet but I don't really want to have to deal with the 24 hour reboot deal. Is there a workaround on this? I mean I could be in the middle of some important coding and hit the 24 hour limit. :)

PE Builder (Bart PE) is the best I've found to do what your talking about. You will need a plugin called XPE to actually load "Explorer.exe" and basically have Windows XP running off the CD. Then you'll have to download or make plugins for the software you would like to include. The CD Forum? is a good resource for all that is PE. Good luck.