Best Office Suite

Looneyboy784

What is the best office suite or text editor?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best office suite or text editor?

• I like MS Office (any version)
    • MS-Works Suite does my bidding
    • Go Word Perfect Office 12
    • Yay (Star Office 7)/(Open Office 1.1.4)
    • (Star Office 8)/(Open Office.org 2.0) is da bomb
    • Abi Word works for me
    • notepad/wordpad is all I need
    • Booo computers! Pen and paper all the way
    • Other (please post)
    • I have no opinion I just like to vote in polls

Microsoft Office 2003 all the way!

I like it because it integrates into our intranet website at work using SharePoint Services. I like it because it's industry standard, and knowing how to use it at a "professional" level is an accomplishment that anyone should be proud of.

:)

Voted "Star/Open Office 8/2 is da bomb" but would have prefered to vote OpenOffice.org 2.0 since it is not referred to as Star Office or Open Office anymore.

Also even though I voted "Star/Open Office 8/2 is da bomb" could ya have made the poll anymore bias? LOL

And where is Microsoft Works? haha

Atlantis Ocean Mind is great .

Abiword still have some bug but is improving bot are great.

Atlantis only take 1 meg in my program file dir ! Since I dont need powerpoint and others office feature those are perfect. :hello:

I think that ms office is too HUGE.

Voted "Star/Open Office 8/2 is da bomb" but would have prefered to vote OpenOffice.org 2.0 since it is not referred to as Star Office or Open Office anymore.

Also even though I voted "Star/Open Office 8/2 is da bomb" could ya have made the poll anymore bias? LOL

And where is Microsoft Works? haha

I guss i am a little bias but I was running out of ideas.

I also apologise about the lack of a "MS Works, works" option

The OpenOffice.org 2.0 series ROCKS!

Its free, has a feature-set that matches Office2003 (atleast as much as the normal user requires), good stability, fast running, regular updates, easy uA deploying.... what more could one need?

Okay, so you want to save documents to PDF, and presentations to flash (SWF), so that you could open these files no matter where you are? Even that is provided for. :P

I would have chosen MS Office (2003), but it interferes with the rest of the OS too much. Just like IE, even MSO has the basic problem of tying-in too deeply with windows. Registry entries, files dropped deep into the file-system, and so on.... And more importantly, EXPENSIVE!

Getting tied into proprietary formats, and using special features found only in MSO is one thing, but if you are not using 90% of MSO's features, and need an office suite (that gets the job done) for a 250-user network, the only honest solution is the one I chose.

• 3 months later...