Can't See Monitor

Heartofgold

I'm running PIII 733E with 256 memory. I have two hard drives - 3.8 and a 40 gig.

I have a 17 inch Acer Monitor.

A couple days ago, I restarted my computer and I couldn't see anything on the monitor. Then I left it for a couple hours and restarted it and then the monitor came on and I could use the computer.

Yesterday I restarted again and nothing.

I had a ATI Radeon Vidoe card in it. I took it out and put in an ATI 128 Radeon Vidoe card with TV in&out. I still could not see the monitor, as if it wasn't turned on.

I replaced the monitor with a regular 15 inch monitor and again nothing.

Any ideas

Heartofgold

Thanks yusmol

I took the old card (the original one) out of the slot. I then blew the slot with air and some dirt came out. I then used an eraser on the tips of the card and then reseated it.

WOW

It works now with no problems

CRAP!!!!

I was using the computer to scan pictures, after scanning about 60 pics all of a sudden the screen froze. I tried everything including the three finger salute, but nothing would restart it, so I shut down the computer and restarted it and now I'm back to no display at all.

Well its workin again. I took the card back out, cleaned it again, blew out the slot and then reinstalled it makin sure that it seated properly. It's been workin great now for over a week.

Thanks all for your suggestions etc. :thumbup

Is the card agp or pci? If agp, I figure you only have the one port...if pci, try other positions.

if agp, look at the connector pins on the board....do they all look straight, any bent etcertera? If bent, try to straighten them out to align them with the other pins - unplug power of course...

If that doesn't help or it's intermittent,you may just need to change out the mb....