Look here for Tweaks before posting!..Cont Discussion.......

PriZm77

Thanks for the help "Cartman". The reality of the situation is I open the Microsoft Management Console and there's basically nothing there. From what Windows Help says, I guess it's a "Snap In" to the MMC but for some reason it's not installed. I even went to Add/Remove Windows components to see if it was listed there, but to no avail.

No. It's no where on my system. I've been all around and I think I might have found the answer. According to Paul Thurrotts SuperWinsite, gpedit is available in Professional Edition only. Maybe it was available only on certain builds or on some of the Beta's too, but mine is the Home Edition 2600 Build that was released 10/25. They might have done like they did with TweakUI. It was in 98, but not 98SE..or vice versa.

Hey guys...thanx for taking the time to help each other out. I am going to move your discussion to a new post so that we can keep this one clean just for tweaks that are working.

For everybody...if you are trying tweaks and they are not working, post in the discussion thread so that the mods can get this section fixed up with the right info.

Rick:cool: