Usb Mass Storage Device Driver Problem With Sesp

I have a 2.5" USB hard drive enclosure with no brand name,model #,FCC # or anything.It works fine with Win ME &XP.

I have been trying drivers for it for Win98SE.Many of these drivers from driver download sites and manufacturer's

sites are identical to each other.It seems like they are generic USB Mass Storage Device Drivers for Win98SE from MSFT.

When Windows tries to install these drivers,it asks that the "Windows 98 SE SP" disc be inserted.By skipping,I can see that it only wants only 1 file : Ufd.sys from the cab file "sp1.cab".

I can't find any cabinet files for the "Unofficial etc".All I see is the 7 or 10 meg executable which self extracts and installs automatically.After installation a search shows no ufd.sys file.

Does anybody know about the sp1.cab or the ufd.sys file?

Thezipped file names for these drivers vary from site to site but the files within the zipped file are: delentry.exe,deluidrv.exe,genedisk.inf,genestor.pdr,geneuide.inf,geneuide.sys,setup.exe,uninstall.ba

t,usbmonit.exe

I have a 2.5" USB  hard drive enclosure with no brand name,model #,FCC # or anything.It works fine with Win ME &XP.

I have been trying drivers for it for Win98SE.Many of these drivers from driver download sites and manufacturer's

sites are identical to each other.It seems like they are generic USB Mass Storage Device Drivers for Win98SE from MSFT.

When Windows tries to install these drivers,it asks that the "Windows 98 SE SP" disc be inserted.By skipping,I can see that it only wants only 1 file :  Ufd.sys from the cab file "sp1.cab".

I can't find any cabinet files for the "Unofficial etc".All I see is the 7 or 10 meg executable which self extracts and installs automatically.After installation a search shows no ufd.sys file.

Does anybody know about the sp1.cab or the ufd.sys file?

Thezipped  file names for these drivers vary from site to site but the files within the zipped file are: delentry.exe,deluidrv.exe,genedisk.inf,genestor.pdr,geneuide.inf,geneuide.sys,setup.exe,uninstall.ba

t,usbmonit.exe

You've got an interesting animal there that I would like to work on.

Do you have a picture of it that you can post?

Front, back, sides, top, bottom?

Do you know how old it is?

I would like to take a stab at this.

There might be a way to find out what kind of chips are in it also,

which could be a giveaway as to what driver should be used with it.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=38059 :wacko:

NUSB driver from the Maximus decim package worked for me :thumbup:thumbup

The way I did it is as follows:

Clean install os, update mobo drivers & usb 2.0 card drivers.

Install the Maximus decim update and then reboot into safe mode & remove the usb storage device. After rebooting and windows installing the new drivers, I installed Gapes SP.