Problem Reading Registry

bernr

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I can't seem to be able to read from the registry. I have even tried the sample XML files, basically no matter what I do I get an access denied error. I am attaching my log file, I am not attaching my XML as I am using XPlode-OriginalInstall.xml as the test XML

Running Xplode 4.1

Thanks

Bern

Found the problem, in the Xplode-OriginalInstall.XML files you provide you are using <item> </item> instead of <value> </value> to determine the key to read. I don't know how many times I looked at this in the XML and PDF files. Anyways, thanks seems to be reading the registry fine now.

I did notice one thing though, I am using the selection plugin and even though it is getting the data correctly from the registry and placing it in the correct variable, the select window says error and places a red block beside the item.

Bern

I changed the method for handling errors, so I possibly forgot to modify the registry plugin.

I'll look into it, but for now, post it on the bugtracker so I have a single place to look at all the things I need to do.