Ris Unattended Gui Driver Install

Quick question, I know this Forum is geared more specifically fo CD installations, is it OK for me to post RIS and ripep Q's too? Or, is there a forum more specific to RIS aound here?

Moving right along..

I can't seem to figure out why the GUI portion of the install has detects the monitor and wants to install it. The only thing I can think of is that the video driver install during GUI is prompting this. This just doesn't sit well since it stops setup prompting for the user to act.

I used to execute each driver install via batch after GUI setup completed, this turned out to be expensive (time based) because I had to keep up with all the different driver install switches and scenarios. Yuck!

Any ideas?

Chris-

I have had a similar problem... if i didnt include the driver for the monitor, the popup dialog box showed on where to point out the correct driver for the installation. However, i then noticed that if i ignored the display dialog, after a coupple of minutes (1-2 min) it continued of itself.

hopes this turns out the same way for u... or just include the correct driver for the monitor in the OEMDriversPath entry under ur $OEM$ folder structure.

cheers-.

I have had a similar problem... if i didnt include the driver for the monitor, the popup dialog box showed on where to point out the correct driver for the installation. However, i then noticed that if i ignored the display dialog, after a coupple of minutes (1-2 min) it continued of itself.

hopes this turns out the same way for u... or just include the correct driver for the monitor in the OEMDriversPath entry under ur $OEM$ folder structure.

cheers-.

Thanks for the reply Br4tt3. I'd ultimatly like to make the installs as seamless as possible. Since everything now is Pnp which is what Windows ultimatly installed it as (Pnp Monitor) when I let it search for drivers. So I got to think there is a better way handling it though. But then again....