Suggestions For The Selection Plugin

bernr

Hello,

First off I would like to say GREAT WORK, I LOVE XPLODE!!!!!

With that said, I do have a couple of suggestions,

1) It would be nice to be able to say something like ALL in the configs, so if an item applies to all configs you would not need to specify each and every config, that way also if you us it on a computer that is not in the config they would still be checked.

2) It would be nice if there was a button or someting within a catagory that said select all, which would select everything in the current category.

3) Any chance of have groupings. What i mean is this have one item in the selection list but that one item would do multiple things. Basically I would like to group all the following into one check item, so when the item is checked all the following will be done, instead of having to check each item seperatly:

<execute display="Nero 6" desc="Version 6.6.0.8">

<program>#XPLODE#\AV, CDR and DVD Tools\nero6\Nero6608.exe</program>

<arguments>/SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN</arguments>

<wait>true</wait>

</execute>

<execute display="Nero 6 Vision" desc="Version 3.1.0.0">

<program>#XPLODE#\AV, CDR and DVD Tools\nero6\NVE3100.exe</program>

<arguments>/SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/WRITE_SN</arguments>

<wait>true</wait>

</execute>

<fileio-rename display="Put the Nero Folder inside the AV, CDR and DVD Tools Folder" desc="" configs="">

<from>#ALLUSERSPROFILE#\Start Menu\Programs\NERO</from>

<dest>#ALLUSERSPROFILE#\Start Menu\Programs\AV, CDR and DVD Tools\NERO</dest>

<replace>true</replace> <!-- defaults to false if not specified -->

</fileio-rename>

4) It would also be nice to have requirements, for Example in order for Nero Vision to be installed DirectX9 has to be installed, so if you select Nero it would automatically select DirectX9. (Yes I how you have have to have DirectX9 listed in the XML before Nero to make sure it is istalled)

Thanks for all your hard work and keep up the good job

Bern

Hello

I figured out how to do #1, #2 and 4 are not really that important to me, but #3 is, I went to the bugtracker to post the suggestions but I see it is already posted under id #0000005

ur **** right.. i'm trying this new tool.. i worked for a pair of hours on my xplode.xml.. and then i've discovered that an <item> tag doesnt support nesting!! (others <item> below with bunch of commands)

:no:

i'm hardly f..cked :blink::(

hi wraith, i was trying to modify the javascript file for get an 3-dimension array from a 2-dimension program-structure

i've achieved that is not easy... because there is no more correspondance between xplode internal ItemID and javascript ItemID (simply 'cuz they're on 2 levels!)

and.... my code is also a bit ugly (yes, i'm not a javascript coder :D ), can you implement some 2 new functions for make a multilevel structure ?

now there are only 2 levels

<item attrib1="">

....<tag>blabla</tag>

<tag attrib1="..." attrib2="">

</tag>

</item>

all we need i think is a main and sub item category, like <mainitem> or so on

like this i can enumerate items and mainitems with 2 different counters

i hope u like it :whistle::wacko::lol: