No Prefetch

VAsT

My xp pro sp2 isn’t prefetching, not that this is a big problem, because I’m still running fine :) .

But I just wonder why it isn’t, I did renew all Memory management settings in the registry (always keep a default backup key for that in My Doc’s) and checked it 3 times over all is there and “Enable Prefetch” is set on 3 but still it’s not prefetching and the folder stays totally empty what ever I do..

Can anyone out here give me a hint in the right direction where to look to make my system prefetch again?? :huh: What did I over look??

Hello VAsT, I had that problem a while back and got it fixed, problem is I can't clearly remember the fix for it.

Try "Computer Management">>Services and Applications>> and check that Task Schedular is on automatic. I think that is how it goes.

Let me know if correct. :)

Thank's for your reply boooggy :thumbup

I know :whistle: , actually any @home user doesn’t really need XP to prefetch and I only want to prefetch my app’s in the start up.

I just found out that my system is loading a little slower than it usually does. That’s way I found out it isn’t prefetching any longer and it’s not in the memory management settings because they are default now, so I guess an other setting somewhere else is interfering. I just want my system to work as it should and want know why it doesn’t, to take necessary steps, instead of waiting for some chain reaction to pop up and make things worse.

And Tweak XP pro :no: I did use once and didn’t like it because almost all the things it does can be done manually for free and the other fancy $tuff it offer$ doesn’t make my system any better. “If” you insist on using an App for tweaking I rather recommend X setup pro, because it’s honest freeware and has a whole lot more to tell and offer. :yes:

Try "Computer Management">>Services and Applications>> and check that Task Schedular is on automatic

Well this could be i checked my services this morning and TaskChed was indeed disabled, i'll sure let you know thank's up front for the idea BIGbadjohn