Windows Pe On Sata Harddrives Don't Work

PatrikSWEDEN

I hope someone can help me with this, I have a problem with Windows PE preInstallations on SATA Harddrives.

I can't seem to get it to work, I get a bluescreen everytime.

Ive tried installing on computers with a seperate SATA controller and pressed F6 during startup in WinPE, and Ive tried on computers with the SATA controller integrated in the Southbrdige IDE controller where no drivers are needed.

Ive tried many different motherboards and harddrives.

It goes through the WinPE fase without any problems, the partitioning and installation of configurations sets work excellent. But when it restarts and begins the filecopy I get a bluescreen, and this is on every system Ive tried with a SATA drive.

And I might add that Ive done manual installation on these systems and that worked perfectly.

Does anyone know whats wrong.

Not in my experience. With the Dell Optiplex 280, WinPE 2004 worked for me with no problems. I then tried to get the Precision 370 working and started to run into the same problems as you did, blue screens. I had to add the drivers to the PE image, just followed the included directions, and to the mass storage drivers section of the unattend.txt. Once I did this, I was able to get the 370 loading. I have only done this once so, I would not be the best one to help you on this, but there are others here that do this quite often and if they see this post will be a bigger help.

• 4 weeks later...