Open Saved Web Pages With Firefox?

WDGC

The OS [Win. XP Home Edit. SP2] is on the C:\ partition and I had Firefox 1.0 [installer vers.] installed to C:\Program Files.

I am now using F'fox 1.0.1 [.zip vers.] on the E:\ partition, after uninstalling F'fox 1.0.

IE has always been the default browser.

However, since F'fox has been in the E:\ part. all saved web pages [.htm & .html] open with IE, and I am not able to change to "opens with Firefox" by right click, Open With, Choose Program.

Is this somehow related to F'fox now being in the E:\ partition, or is it because of a difference between installing and extracting to a folder?

Short of putting F'fox back in C:\Program Files, or making F'fox the default browser, is there a way I can once again have all saved web pages open with F'fox?

This leads to the same dialogue box as "right click, Open With, Choose Program", and the result is the same - nothing changes.

After making the appropriate selections Firefox still does not appear in the "Opens With" list.

As stated in my OP " I am now using F'fox 1.0.1 [.zip vers.]".

From other information I gathered it seemed likely the issue was between .zip and installer versions of Firefox.

Sure enough, deleting the .zip vers. and installing the "installer" vers. has fixed the problem.