Install Applications From Usb

:} I have an unattended install of XP on cd with as many applications that will fit on it(683mb). I have extra applications that I need to install, that are on my usb key and/or usb hard drive. My question is is this possible and how to do it. I am using WPI as my installer.

Here is a previous post I posted on the application installs forum:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=40477&st=0

since you can't know which drive letter the USB device will get when connected, it's not possible to set a direct path. So the answer would be NO.

But if you know about javascript, you could copy and alter the parts for findeng a cdrom and so make additional installation sources (ie %USB%).

Maybe use the same kinda script to determine your cd-rom? for example put a file in the root of the USB stick, and let the script look for it? I don't think you have to change much for the cd-rom find script.

don't pin me down on it however lol ;)

I wrote a utility DetectDrive which will create a permanent environment variable for any drive attached to the system, except the floppy. After running it just check each %rREMOVABLEx% variable for the a file you know will be there and away you go.