Sp2 Changes?

I have pretty well got the process of creating a custom installation CD for WindowsXP SP2 via using nLite. I've even got the process of creating and setting up custom screens, text, etc during the install.

However, I am stuck on one thing that I can't quite figure out. Are there any significant changes between the XP Pro and/or XP Pro SP1 install files and the install files via SP2? I'm also curious if an updated guide exists anywhere to look at that takes into account having an SP2 slipstreamed source?

There are a few reason i'm trying to track this down, but one of the more important issues is that I seem to have a problem using the syssetup.dl_

When I try to unpack it to a .dll so I can modify it, no matter what I try, I get the error "cannot expand a file onto itself". I never got that error on the original XP source or the SP1 source either. However, there must be some change in how windows sees or uses that file between SP1 and SP2. If I use the sysetup.dl_ from the original XP source, or the SP1 source(both of them unpack fine for modding), the install freezes and gives an error about the file being incompatible with SP2.

Anyone know of a good workaround for this? and Yes, I have tried recreating the image, and tried burn speed settings from 1x all the way up to 52x. I'm also tried using a different brand of CD-R, and none of those seem to work.

A. Never use a file from a different version of Windows. That's just asking for trouble.

Second, did you ever try

A. using

expand -r syssetup.dl_

with the -r switch, or

B.

expand syssetup.dl_ syssetup.dll

And specifying the output?