Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

Which is the "better" method for Nero, Felix or Simonsays for a regular installation?

I know Felix's requires WinRAR to be installed, and Simonsays is just a SFX, im just curious?

i can't remember correctly, but as far as i know there is only 2 method so far. 0 byte file to replace the orginal file and Felix method.

0 Byte no longers works with 6.x.x.8 or later.

I know Felix's requires WinRAR to be installed, and Simonsays is just a SFX, im just curious?

Sorry but that is incorrect - if you read the whole thread you would find that the requirement for winrar was removed at the last update of the scripts. You can use either winrar or 7-zip. - Just thought i would clear that up.

As for the best version... That would depend on your specific requirements and preferences. Try both and test, test, test and then you will know the answer to your valuable question. :thumbup

Hi,

I just got Nero 6 Ultra (full version) on CD because I was tired of problems that Roxio seemed to be causing.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the custom install builder to do a custom install of this distribution of Nero? I emailed Felix about this, and he was kind enough to suggest that I could copy the files from the CD to my hard drive and follow the directions. Unfortunately, the CD doesn't contain a Nero-6xxx.exe file. There is a Nero.exe file, only 14 MB, compared to the download file's 33 MB. Also, reading the manual, implies that the optional components (Cover Designer, Wave Editor, etc.) must be included in the downloaded Nero-*.exe file, but on the CD, each is in a separate directory, with multiple files and subdirectories. This doesn't look compatible with Nero Custom installer to me, but I hope I'm wrong.

If I can't use the Custom Installer, does anyone have another way to install just the components I want, and avoid a bunch of bloat that I don't need? I've tried searching these forums, but haven't found anything.

If all else fails, can I use the serial number from my CD with the downloaded version.?

Finally, I also want to install InCD 4, but I can't find anything about it in the documentation. or by searching the forums.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get, even if it's just confirmation that I'll have to install the whole, package to get what I want. (Sigh)

Thank you all very much.

Hi,

I just got Nero 6 Ultra (full version) on CD because I was tired of problems that Roxio seemed to be causing.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the custom install builder to do a custom install of this distribution of Nero? I emailed Felix about this, and he was kind enough to suggest that I could copy the files from the CD to my hard drive and follow the directions. Unfortunately, the CD doesn't contain a Nero-6xxx.exe file. There is a Nero.exe file, only 14 MB, compared to the download file's 33 MB. Also, reading the manual, implies that the optional components (Cover Designer, Wave Editor, etc.) must be included in the downloaded Nero-*.exe file, but on the CD, each is in a separate directory, with multiple files and subdirectories. This doesn't look compatible with Nero Custom installer to me, but I hope I'm wrong.

If I can't use the Custom Installer, does anyone have another way to install just the components I want, and avoid a bunch of bloat that I don't need? I've tried searching these forums, but haven't found anything.

Ok you will need a modified script to do this... i will have a look at it and post one for you soon. Edit I will send you a PM with the updated file.

If all else fails, can I use the serial number from my CD with the downloaded version.?
yes you should be able to :) (as long as you have a full version CD and not the OEM version)
Finally, I also want to install InCD 4, but I can't find anything about it in the documentation. or by searching the forums.

what did you want to know about InCD?

Thanks for the information, Felix. I'll reply to your PM right away.

Please ignore my question about InCD. I had forgotten that it has a separate installer on the CD. No problem. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teks

hi around

I thougth you are all cracks in your way and did a great job :thumbup

So, these are my first stepps.

By creating the Nero Custom Build pops an error from winrar ho says, that the

NERO-rar.sfx file is wrong or wrong format?? So i changed it from my folder C:\Programme, caus i used a german one, but also pops an error?

I edit the the needed and !Makeit.cmd set lang=eng to setlang=deu, then eng,

but also pops an error?

I use new Nero-6.6.0.12.exe, NVE-3.1.0.0.exe.

and use winrar3.42 and 3.5 beta 3! both with errors!

So, what is it? Can anyone help me?

Thanks, teks

I see the great Wood, but not the tree!

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, please be patient with me :) I've found this page about Nero Custom Install Builder because I have 6.6.0.6 Ultra and hate all the extra crap. I just want Burning Rom. I've tried the Custom Install Builder, added the dash to Nero*.exe, and the MakeIt.cmd was working, was building the installer, then stopped and there's no file anymore in my Ahead folder. I don't get it. The file was .751 or something, then disappeared. Any ideas? Please help me.

EDIT: Nevermind!! I'm a dumbass. :blushing: I checked my WinRAR settings and it saved the archive....oh nevermind. No problems, worked like a charm! Awesome little program, Felix. THANK YOU!!

OK, now I DO have a problem. I've done the custom install of Nero only, along with Tool Kit. Now, during the burning process I get "Unknown BurnPhase" when it should be "writing to disc" or something, and when it finishes, it should say "files written" or whatever, but I get the same "Unknown Burnphase". But, the burn IS successful. Strange. This hadn't happened on the full installation. Did I leave out something in the custom install? I can't imagine. Any ideas??

Now, during the burning process I get "Unknown BurnPhase" when it should be "writing to disc" or something, and when it finishes, it should say "files written" or whatever, but I get the same "Unknown Burnphase". But, the burn IS successful.

I have always got the "Unknown BurnPhase" with Nero Custom Install Builder. Someone said it was nero`s fault because ppl using an unmodified installer get the error aswell, but i have just used vcBlackBox`s NCAB and i don`t get the error!

If i install nero with vcBlackBox`s guide and then install nero with felix`s guide over the top i don`t get the "Unknown BurnPhase".

So i think that there must be some missing reg entries or files.

Egon's Dragon, can you give vcBlackBox`s guide a try and see if you still get the error.

Felix, maybe you could compare your nero stripper with vcBlackBox`s. I`ve had a look and can`t get my head round it. :wacko:

Do I really need WinRAR AND 7-zip, and can I run it on W2K

One or the other in fine and as far as i know you can run it on 2K.

Don`t forget to let us know if you get the error or not with NCAB. :)

One or the other in fine and as far as i know you can run it on 2K.

Don`t forget to let us know if you get the error or not with NCAB.

Hey Neanderthal, I've used NCAB, installed fine and no, I don't get the "Unknown BurnPhase" in Nero. Felix, any thoughts?

By the way, NCAB wouldn't let me even start without installing 7-zip, but I'm a newbie, so no prob.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to provide some follow-up to my question about using the Custom Install Builder with Nero on CD. As Felix suggested, the serial number (registration code?) from the CD worked fine with the downloaded Nero update file. However, I did have one problem using the Installer Builder with only 7-zip installed. !MakeIt.cmd aborted until I remarked out the second line below. Just thought I'd share that with the forum in case it might help someone else.

:: Check to make sure WinRAR/7-Zip is available

:: IF /I not exist "%rarPath%" (set packName=WinRAR & call:packError & EXIT)

IF /I not exist "%packIt%" (call:packError & EXIT)

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Felix how's it going?

i've been away for a while, but I am back again.. I made a new install with the install builder and now get the "Unknown BurnPhase" error... strange because I didn't had this problem before.. using way less regs.

I really wonder what could cause this... I will do some tests in the weekend.

EDIT: it might be because of bad uninstall of previous Nero! not everything in the registry is removed or something... I am going to test on a clean system today.

Now, during the burning process I get "Unknown BurnPhase" when it should be "writing to disc" or something, and when it finishes, it should say "files written" or whatever, but I get the same "Unknown Burnphase". But, the burn IS successful.

I have always got the "Unknown BurnPhase" with Nero Custom Install Builder. Someone said it was nero`s fault because ppl using an unmodified installer get the error aswell, but i have just used vcBlackBox`s NCAB and i don`t get the error!

If i install nero with vcBlackBox`s guide and then install nero with felix`s guide over the top i don`t get the "Unknown BurnPhase".

So i think that there must be some missing reg entries or files.

Egon's Dragon, can you give vcBlackBox`s guide a try and see if you still get the error.

Felix, maybe you could compare your nero stripper with vcBlackBox`s. I`ve had a look and can`t get my head round it. :wacko: