Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

You're right, it's not worth it. I'll just keep a copy of the exe or extract the icon. The only reason I like it is because the Nero Burning Rom icon looks terrible pinned to the start menu.

I'm not worried about the nero toolkit either, but I think the reason it isn't working is because Nero ASPI isn't installed properly.

I'm just glad nero is stripped down the the bare roots. Thanks heap!

You're right, it's not worth it. I'll just keep a copy of the exe or extract the icon. The only reason I like it is because the Nero Burning Rom icon looks terrible pinned to the start menu.

I'm not worried about the nero toolkit either, but I think the reason it isn't working is because Nero ASPI isn't installed properly.

I'm just glad nero is stripped down the the bare roots. Thanks heap!

here you go and i will look into the toolkit as i use it from time to time and i know other will too.

nero_smartstart.ico

...I'll just keep a copy of the exe or extract the icon. The only reason I like it is because the Nero Burning Rom icon looks terrible pinned to the start menu...

here you go and i will look into the toolkit as i use it from time to time and i know other will too.

Awesome, thanks! Sure does make it easier for me. :)

Hello all,

Well for the past few days i have been attempting to resolve the problem resulting in the "Unknown BurnPhase" error. As yet i have not be able to find a solution :( Am still looking into it, however we may be at the end of the road so to speak in attempting this method for custom installations.

Will keep you advised.

Hello all,

Well for the past few days i have been attempting to resolve the problem resulting in the "Unknown BurnPhase" error.  As yet i have not be able to find a solution  :(  Am still looking into it, however we may be at the end of the road so to speak in attempting this method for custom installations.

Will keep you advised.

dude, u downt have to worry about the unknown burn phase error... it not ur program.. its the original nero installer itself.. search for "unkown burn phase" using google & u will see some others xpriencing the same thing :yes:

shortcuts arent being created for me either

ok if you are having problems with shortcuts try running this line. click on START/RUN and type CMD and click on ok. Now copy and paste the following line to your command line and press enter.

shortcut /a:c /f:"%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero Ultra Edition\Nero Express.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Ahead\Nero\nero.exe" /p:"/w" /i:"%programfiles%\Ahead\Nero\nero.exe,1" /d:"The easiest and quickest way to burn all your audio, data, and video discs, back up entire discs, and much more.">NUL 2>&1

The shortcut.exe file should have been copied to your %windir%\system32 folder during the installation of the custom nero installer - so it should work and you should end up with a shortcut to Nero Express in start\programs\nero ultra edition folder.

If not then the shortcut.exe file has not been copied.

So in this instance, have a look inside your custom_nero.exe installer archive and then look in the Custom_Nero.exe\windows\System32 to make sure that shortcut.exe is there. If it is not - then make sure you have shortcut.exe in the same folder as !makeit.cmd and your nero-*.exe file.

If you are still having issues please let me know. And please some more information other than "shortcuts arent being created for me either" :)

If you are still having issues please let me know.  And please some more information other than "shortcuts arent being created for me either" :)

I have the file in the archive, but it doesn't extract to windows/system32.

Do all other files in the archive that are in the windows\system32 extract correctly? and have you tried manually putting shortcut.exe in your system32 directory before you running your installer? Did you try the command line i provided earlier?

Here's an update: I had an install going when I noticed your reply, so I was actually trying to manuall put shortcut.exe in system32 already. Seems this is all that's needed. Manually putting it in system32 corrected the shortcut problem for me.

Before doing this, the command you gave did not work - as shortcut.exe wasn't extracted at all.