Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

I think the How To section of the manual should be before the Explanations section. The guide is otherwise great. You could stick a bit in saying that the program creates a silent self extracting archive which is then called from unattended installation eg RunOnceEx.

Also, I couldn't find any of the information from Post 1 of this thread in the manual (ie the bit about where to put files and file name requirements)

I'm having trouble getting MakeIt to work. Nero extracts and then MakeIt just closes and the extracted nero gets deleted. There is no SFX file anywhere to be seen.

Ok so you have extracted all files from the archive to the same directory as the nero-*.exe and (if you are using it) nve-*.exe? Make sure that the names of the original sources files from nero are unchanged... Does a new nerotmp directory get made? and what are you using as your default archive utility?

Thanks for the suggestions for the manual - i will make some changes :)

Filename is as original. Program runs, lots of stuff flashes by incredibly fast and then first thing I can read is 'Now Creating_Nero Installer using winRAR'. nerotmp folder is created. Then nerotmp folder disappears and the program closes. I am using winRAR. It says "File Not Found" just after "Building Custom Installation".

I just installed 7-zip and it works perfectly with that. Strange about winRAR. Thanks for the program, it's great.

Filename is as original. Program runs, lots of stuff flashes by incredibly fast and then first thing I can read is 'Now Creating_Nero Installer using winRAR'. nerotmp folder is created. Then nerotmp folder disappears and the program closes. I am using winRAR. It says "File Not Found" just after "Building Custom Installation".

I just installed 7-zip and it works perfectly with that. Strange about winRAR. Thanks for the program, it's great.

that is strange with winrar - check your path statement in !makeit.cmd is correct for winrar... other than that i am pleased to hear to is working correctly with 7-zip... and it will be a smaller file footprint too :yes:

Another things, the two options I selected were Nero StartSmart (because I like the icon more than the Burning Rom one) and Nero Toolkit. These installed, but they do not actually work. It doesn't worry me because I'll just remove them from the package, but I thought you might like to know. Also, the icons for these two StartSmart and Toolkit did not install.

Edit:

Nevermind. AutoIt support would be great if you can also add languagepack integration support.

And can you also change 7-zip compression to MAX instead of Ultra. I don't have enough ram to handle it (256 MB). Program hangs halfway. I changed it manually to -mx7 but meaby more users have this problem

The rarPath is correct. Any other ideas?

I had quite a good search through the script and couldn't find anything wrong. It's probably just me doing something stupid so don't worry about it.

No was not you - was me! there was an error in the syntax for the winrar extraction command - now fixed... download again pls and test.

Another things, the two options I selected were Nero StartSmart (because I like the icon more than the Burning Rom one) and Nero Toolkit. These installed, but they do not actually work. It doesn't worry me because I'll just remove them from the package, but I thought you might like to know. Also, the icons for these two StartSmart and Toolkit did not install.

Just did tests with 1.2.4 and all the icons installed fine and smartstart worked correctly. tested with both 7-zip and winrar created versions.

The rarPath is correct. Any other ideas?

I had quite a good search through the script and couldn't find anything wrong. It's probably just me doing something stupid so don't worry about it.

No was not you - was me! there was an error in the syntax for the winrar extraction command - now fixed... download again pls and test.

Works for me too now! Excellent, thanks.

Just did tests with 1.2.4 and all the icons installed fine and smartstart worked correctly. tested with both 7-zip and winrar created versions.

I just did tests with 1.2.4 now. I created the archive with all options on. I am doing these tests on my current system (uninstalling and reinstalling), rather than on a fresh install so this may be hampering results?

I am finding that CDSpeed.exe and DriveSpeed.exe return the error "No CD-ROM drives found." InfoTool works fine although some of the information is different to the 'real' install. In particular, InfoiTool reports that the Nero ASPI driver is not installed (WNASPI32.DLL).

I tested the shortcut creation for Nero Toolkit. The script doesn't seem to be able to create these shortcuts unless the 'Nero Toolkit' directory is made prior to the script running.

SmartStart returns the error "Some files ar emissing, please reinstall Nero." Also, after searching through post_config.cmd, I could not find anything about Nero StartSmart.

Works fine for me, i like the quick launch switch aswell :) Cheers felix.

BTW, the autoit script sounds interesting, does that mean NCIB will be a single stand alone executable? that would be awesome.

Gotta say Felix awsome outcome you have here, many more addittions & improvements. As butanamine mentioned re Startsmart I enable it in the Makeit.cmd but not working & no shortcuts besides that very happy with the outcome & prog size.

Cmd file attached..

Issues with smartstart. Yes i have varified that there are issues with smart drive and am doing testing to see if i can sort it out. Something to be aware of though is that if you are going to use smartstart - it will break when you attempt to do things that are not installed! for example if you don't have Nero Backup installed and select one of the options that uses it - well it is not going to work.

Personally i wouldnt even both with smartstart. considering this - do you guy's really still want to install it? and if you are going to install all of the options so you can use smartstart - then why use the custom install builder?

I think it is really not worth the time to sort this out... but i will work further on this issue if you guy's really want to use smartstart. Let me know what you want to do.