Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

Hi Neanderthal,

Thanks for the good news.

We can use that reg tweak because that is specific to your machine SID. There are ways of doing it but, we would need to add an extra tool to the kit called getsid.exe and the amount of coding and the time to process this during the post_config.cmd processing would be not worth the benefit.

But keep those ideas, suggestions and tweaks coming smile.gif

Oops sorry i posted the wrong one, i think this one is ok...

;----Stops New Compilation Window Opening With Nero Burning Rom
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General]
"StartWithNew"=dword:00000000

@felix, my nero installer d0esnt install at all  :blink: i tried in a runonceex from CD.. but ican see the extraction window + the registering of dll's..

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.0.8" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Nero\Nero.exe" /f

is my reg entry correct? :unsure:  this is the first time i install from cd.. b4 i was using the %systemdrive%

well firstly have you tested the installer manually to make sure it is working?

then we can eliminate that the installer is faulty and sort out your run once coding.

i hav tried it .. it works.. so i put it in my UACD & reinstall clean windows & no signs of nero on my newly installed windows all.. even if i try to install again the same thing happens..

@felix, my nero installer d0esnt install at all  :blink: i tried in a runonceex from CD.. but ican see the extraction window + the registering of dll's..

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.0.8" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Nero\Nero.exe" /f

is my reg entry correct? :unsure:  this is the first time i install from cd.. b4 i was using the %systemdrive%

well firstly have you tested the installer manually to make sure it is working?

then we can eliminate that the installer is faulty and sort out your run once coding.

i hav tried it .. it works.. so i put it in my UACD & reinstall clean windows & no signs of nero on my newly installed windows all.. even if i try to install again the same thing happens..

Ok then well then we know it is a problem with your RunOnceEx.cmd configuration. Attached is a copy of one of mine, have a look at that and make sure you are using the same syntax for running from CD.

RunOnceEx.cmd

Change Log v1.2.2

- some bug and typographical fixes

- full manual (user guide)

- removed the need to have WinRAR for extractions. Now will extract with either WinRAR or 7-Zip depending on your preference specified by command line switch [/rar | /7zip]- cleaned up post_config.cmd file and moved the common user variables to top section same as !makeit.cmd

- updated 7zip command for compression - now using ULTRA compression.

1.2.2?

thank you for quick response. you' just made my 'favorite guys in msfn' list :D

what good is it?  you get 1/100 share of my money when i hit the lottery. heck yeah.. hehe.

LOL

*tries to make list*

EDIT: on another note, new version isnt quite working for me when i 7-zip it

it just stops after "Registering DLL's"

gonna try winrar now

EDIT 2: wow that's kind of wierd, winrar installer is 2 mb smaller that 7-zip and i didnt change any components

didn't work either :(

Edited by lilweirddude

thank you for quick response. you' just made my 'favorite guys in msfn' list :D

what good is it?  you get 1/100 share of my money when i hit the lottery. heck yeah.. hehe.

LOL

*tries to make list*

EDIT: on another note, new version isnt quite working for me when i 7-zip it

it just stops after "Registering DLL's"

gonna try winrar now

hi pplz,

1.2.2 is now available :thumbup

See change log on first post for details...

Enjoy!

quick Q.

1. how to make the .cmd use Winrar instaed of 7zip when both programs are installed

2. how to enable nero vision? i've tried "nerovision" and "nero vision" and it seems like first one is right, but i don't see icon for nerovision

quick Q.

1. how to make the .cmd use Winrar instaed of 7zip when both programs are installed

2. how to enable nero vision?  i've tried "nerovision" and "nero vision" and it seems like first one is right, but i don't see icon for nerovision

:: set the default packer if you do not use the command line option.
:: WinRAR or 7-Zip
set packName=7-Zip

Change set packName=WinRAR or !makeit.cmd /rar

2. "NeroVision" is correct. For the shortcut, add the following to your post_config.cmd file. search for:

if /i exist "%basetarget%\Nero ShowTime\ShowTime.exe" (
shortcut /a:c /f:"%shortcutFolder%\Nero ShowTime.lnk" /t:"%basetarget%\Nero ShowTime\ShowTime.exe" /d:"Watch your favorite DVD-Video movies and turn your computer into a home cinema.">NUL 2>&1 )

on a new line under this entry add:

if /i exist "%basetarget%\NeroVision\NeroVision.exe" (
shortcut /a:c /f:"%shortcutFolder%\NeroVision.lnk" /t:"%basetarget%\NeroVision\NeroVision.exe" /d:"Make great looking VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs with spectacular menus. Capture video from your DV camera, video card or TV tuner card. Create amazing slideshows. Cut and edit your own movies with spectacular effects.">NUL 2>&1 )

I think the How To section of the manual should be before the Explanations section. The guide is otherwise great. You could stick a bit in saying that the program creates a silent self extracting archive which is then called from unattended installation eg RunOnceEx.

Also, I couldn't find any of the information from Post 1 of this thread in the manual (ie the bit about where to put files and file name requirements)

I'm having trouble getting MakeIt to work. Nero extracts and then MakeIt just closes and the extracted nero gets deleted. There is no SFX file anywhere to be seen.