Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

Will this install overwrite my REG.EXE v5.1.2600.2180 with REG.EXE v5.1.2600.1106?
yes - so please send me the latest version an i will include it for future builds... and of course you can update it at your source...
Will there be tons of invalid shortcuts in the Start Menu?
Not with the 1.2.1 update coming in the next couple of hours... will on build the shortcut if the exe is present.
Will it add unnecessary registry entries?

Only the essentials.

I have only looked at the download etc., and it seems to me that there is a lot of possible configuration options, by changing the files etc., but little direction in doing so for the uninitiated.
Full documentation will be complete in the next 24 hours. I was getting some pressure for the updates so i have made them available to fix a number of problems in 1.1 release.
Not a problem for me, but your thread may grow to astronomical proportions once people start having problems and /or hacking your code.

True, but that is part of making the product better... :yes:

The updated reg.exe was here, now removed since it has served its purpose.

@ `Felix`

The thing about the registry entries was just because, the reg file needs tailoring to your particular requirements. I'm sure this will be covered in your upcoming documentation though.

Edited by Yzöwl

HI Felix

I done everything in your quote but the nero 6.6.0.8 still defaults to demo mode

Am I missing something here?

best regards

How to:

Ok now all you need to do is download the attached file, extract the contents to the same directory as you have nero-6.x.exe and then run "!MakeIt.cmd" once completed you wil have a new file in the same directory called "Custom_Nero.exe" ready to use.

The only things you should have to do is to enter your own CD Key, User Name and Company Name in the included register.reg file.

HI  Felix

I  done everything in your  quote but the nero 6.6.0.8 still defaults to demo mode

Am I missing something here?

best regards

How to:

Ok now all you need to do is download the attached file, extract the contents to the same directory as you have nero-6.x.exe and then run "!MakeIt.cmd" once completed you wil have a new file in the same directory called "Custom_Nero.exe" ready to use.

The only things you should have to do is to enter your own CD Key, User Name and Company Name in the included register.reg file.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=202485

you might have an invalid or blacklisted key

Hello Felix, Works fine for me. Although i did notice if i extract the custom nero installer and manualy 7-zip the nerotmp folder i get an archive 2megs less than the origional!

Are you using the highest compression level?

Edited by Neanderthal

@Felix

thanks for the tool, works great...You might want to change the d: to c: in the

winrar path........used 7-zip but said couldn't find winrar?? Just changed to c: and

all was well........

BD

yup... wen i run makeit it says cudnt find winrar... shud be edited to %programfiles&

plus the "ahead" folder

Is it possible to stop the Nero Burning Rom quick launch shortcut being made? I have tried removing lines 71, 72 from post_config.cmd but that stops all shortcuts from being made!

Any ideas?

[Edit]

Sorry my bad, i missed the ) of the end. :blushing::lol:

Edited by Neanderthal

hello Felix, i just followed the how to lines, got the winrar not found, corrected the script, retested it, got a demo version because i forgot to enter the serial, user name and society, corrected my mistake and retested it. The installation went well but i can assure you that the product key, the name and the compagny hadn't been added to the registry because at the starting of the nero, the window which asked these informations was in front of me. the funny thing is that the serial I entered wa already on the key field and was accepted after i pressed the ok button.

Another thing : i have absolutely no shortcuts on my start bar. For the last thing it may be my win XP which is causing some troubles.

hello Felix, i just followed the how to lines, got the winrar not found, corrected the script, retested it, got a demo version because i forgot to enter the serial, user name and society, corrected my mistake and retested it. The installation went well but i can assure you that the product key, the name and the compagny hadn't been added to the registry because at the starting of the nero, the window which asked these informations was in front of me. the funny thing is that the serial I entered wa already on the key field and was accepted after i pressed the ok button.

Another thing : i have absolutely no shortcuts on my start bar. For the last thing it may be my win XP which is causing some troubles.

y dont u post ur regfile here? :yes:

Let me first say great program Felix. Works like a champ. But I was wondering, I was wanting to add all the updates to the Nero 6.6.0.8a file. there are like 5 updates to the different programs. Is there anyway to do so, and use your program to make an unattened installer?

Thanks for any help,

Albert