Windows File Protection Back

I normally remove WFP with nlite, but I just made a new cd with RyanVMs newest hotfix pack and now WFP is back. I can turn it off after install with XPlite, but I would rather have it off before windows ever boots because it messes up my automated installs/deletes.

I tried searching but i'm not really seeing any solutions that aren't just a clone of what nlite is supposed to be doing.

You have to download the hacked version of "sfc_os.dll".

You can get it from RyanVM (http://www.ryanvm.net/)

And offcourse you also have to apply the following to your registry. But you've probably allready added this to your hivesys.inf via nLite. If not, you might want to add i to your T-12 registry tweaks.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"SFCSetting"=dword:ffffff9d

I normally remove WFP with nlite, but I just made a new cd with RyanVMs newest hotfix pack and now WFP is back.  I can turn it off after install with XPlite, but I would rather have it off before windows ever boots because it messes up my automated installs/deletes.

I tried searching but i'm not really seeing any solutions that aren't just a clone of what nlite is supposed to be doing.

I'd be more inclined to believe nLite is cloning them... :whistle:

i've tried replacing the sfc_os.dl_ in my i386 folder with ryans, as well as running the registry fix after installation, but no luck.

how else could i replace that while? i can't do it while windows is running because it's protected. Any suggestions other than going into safemode? I mean XPlite does perfectly.. but how?

yeah, restarting does nothing. sfc_os.dll is still protected so i can't replace it. i want to turn this stuff off so i can delete those empty folders (like 'xerox') with my cleanup.cmd.