How Do You Test If The Switches Work?

LazyBoy

Hi, I'm kind of new at this. I was reading about how to slipstream programs into my Windows CD and the switches are pretty confusing.

The way I see it, I have to reinstall Windows to test if the switches work. If it doesn't, I have to modify the switches and then reinstall again??!! Is there an easier way to test if they work?

The way i do it, is to use a spare machine, and just enter the setup program with silent switches in the command line / run dialog. If it works, great! If not, back to the drawing board... :blushing:

Otherwise if its a program you want to use on your main machine, just do the same thin on there!

This is what I normally do.

Before I install the software that has potential to be in my UA, I install it silently on my current system first. But of course, I can't do it on InstallShield softwares that uses the InstallScript technology because I have to do the record mode installation first. :)

here's mine:

i copy my apps in "$OEM$\$$\Software" to %windir%\Software Then i add my my runonceex.cmd entries.. & finally run this command:

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess :yes:

(if d program u want to test is currently installed, uninstall it first)

• 4 months later...

here's mine:

i copy my apps in "$OEM$\$$\Software" to %windir%\Software Then i add my my runonceex.cmd entries.. & finally run this command:

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

------------------------------------------------------

Hi,...

I try this but didn´t work to me. I think that it was a VERY GOOD solution. Can you explain me better.?

many thanks

snow