Fixing Unintended Bugs In 98se2me

Question:

I have both the Unofficial Win98SE (SP) 2.0 RC1 as well as the latest

98SE2ME installed.

Got a problem with a few things and hoping someone can point me to registry fixes for some of this stuff.

Number one on the list:

When I go to Start/Run and type in the letter of a drive (for instance, C:\) and hit <Enter>, it opens up a Search window (in which the title bar is always empty, and that happens when I open up Seach in the normal way also).

I want it to instead open up Explorer like it used to.

Number two on the list:

The Programmer's File Editor (the new replacement for Notepad) does not always open up the *.txt file I double click on (right now, it does). Instead, what happens sometimes is that the program will say the file does not exist and asks me if I want to create it (as if it's not getting the path information passed to it of where the file I just double-clicked on was located).

Other than these two things, I really have any noticable or annoying issues that I can find.

I will try on my own to find and post solutions to these, but if someone beats me to it, please post the solutions here.

Do you have problems opening TXT files with PFE whenever the file paths have a space in them?

That bug was fixed recently.

I had to run the *.REG file by itself, but yes the bug is fixed.

Just one bothersome bug to go, and that's when I execute a drive letter from Run, it brings up a Search window.

I'm going to have to hit at that one when I get home tonight.

I thought I knew how to fix that kind of stuff, but I must have forgotten, or the upgrade changes some things in the Registry to a different place than they were when it was just plain Win98SE.