Error At 15mins With Gosh Dosnet.inf Method

gilesw

It is a unedited OEM/Retail XP Home CD right? What SP is it (on the CD)? and what SP are you slipstreaming into the build?

Also, if you arent already, make sure you aren't modifying the build with nlite or anything as you may remove something that is needed (long shot there lol ;))

Regards and I'm sure this is nothing new but you never know :)

N.

It is a unedited OEM/Retail XP Home CD right? What SP is it (on the CD)? and what SP are you slipstreaming into the build?

Also, if you arent already, make sure you aren't modifying the build with nlite or anything as you may remove something that is needed (long shot there lol ;))

Regards and I'm sure this is nothing new but you never know :)

N.

It is Windows XP Pro VLK with SP1 already on it. Sp2 was slipstreamed, no other mods by nLite were done, just the RyanVM, thats it!

ah ha...

I had problems when I tried RyanVM's stuff with XPCREATE. Can't remember what happened as it was quite a while go since I tried it, but i remember getting a error when I tried installing xp with the cd.

Could well be the problem you are having :}

Regards,

N.

well if you use the source i mentioned and xpcreate you won't have any issues, i even integrates bts's massstorage drivers, 45minutes unattended install that works on any pc :)

Hm - that one slipstreams SP2, doesn't it? I'm wondering if this is a difference in slipstreaming techniques, then; I was using sp2.exe /integrate to get an SP2 CD, then applying RyanVM's pack. Since the problem occurs with just RyanVM+SP2+XP, while the same SP2+XP works fine without his updates (even with all but 3 of the updates slipstreamed using /integrate) we should be able to narrow down the cause pretty closely?

Come to think of it, those 3 updates don't work with /integrate for some reason: is *that* involved somehow? Some trick RyanVM uses to integrate them that doesn't work reliably? I might take a closer look at those three at some point, see if there's something wrong in there...

• 2 months later...