Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

titou2k, shouldn't the default plugins and components path be in c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins (and components)?

This is where they are supposed to be installed right?

P.S. Have we gone a bit off-topic here?!

Edited by Dobby

If firefox is not installed in this folder "C:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\"

If someone use opera the folder is not "C:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\"

So I can't put by default the file in this folder.

Then I decided to put it in TTPack folder.

If you want to install plugin in "C:\program files\Mozilla Firefox" use ini file.

Also, the default langauge appears to be French (i.e. if you remove the ini). My OS language default is English.

If firefox is not installed in this folder "C:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\"

If someone use opera the folder is not "C:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\"

So I can't put by default the file in this folder.

Then I decided to put it in TTPack folder.

If you want to install plugin in "C:\program files\Mozilla Firefox" use ini file.

Ok just checking this is where it was supposed to go.

Could you look for:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TTPack]

"Language"=???

If it exist, this value is use when you want to install TTPack without ini file.

So could you try this ?

Remove language value

Run TTPack without ini file or /S argument

You must have a selection language frame

What is the default language selected?

I hope this is English.

Edited by titou2k

• 3 weeks later...

Dmiranda, Have you seen this?

titou2k, can you tell me what the differences are between your WM10 Lite package and the one found here?

There're not the same are they? :unsure::lol:

@CoRoNe

it is not mine. In this pack, i think that there are encode WMV codec.

If that pack contains encoders as well, it is useless..

even if you want to encode videos to WMV (wich I can't imagine) you will need software wich will provide the encoders as well.

Only REAL WMLite is made by Titou2k :P

Edited by ZileXa

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Titou2k!

Any chance you have some spare time to update Quicktime Lite (and ReaLite) + browser plugin?

Quicktime v7.0.4.80 adds H.264 support, also for the browser plugin.

Hi, I would just like to share with you what I use to play streaming/browser videos after removing wmp/codecs with nlite...

I use the k-lite mega codec pack (arguably the best codec pack out there), it also comes with qt alternative and real alternative. ;)

http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm

Afterwards, I install windows media lite found here: http://www.codecguide.com/download_other.htm

This installs wmp 10 codecs into firefox/ie/opera/etc. It's very easy and has worked flawlessly for me. I don't think I've come across a site yet that wouldn't play video files for me. Try it out. :)

Hi, I would just like to share with you what I use to play streaming/browser videos after removing wmp/codecs with nlite...

I use the k-lite mega codec pack (arguably the best codec pack out there), it also comes with qt alternative and real alternative. ;)

http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm

Afterwards, I install windows media lite found here: http://www.codecguide.com/download_other.htm

This installs wmp 10 codecs into firefox/ie/opera/etc. It's very easy and has worked flawlessly for me. I don't think I've come across a site yet that wouldn't play video files for me. Try it out. :)

You should compare the contents of the pack you use to the TTpack (or just its contents, ffdshow+wm10lite+Quick/Real Lite). Even better: compare the items in your pack to each other! you will discover AT LEAST 3 decoders for MPEG4... totally useless.. ofcourse there are more examples to give.. For me all that is important is the functional part, the pc must function (at its best), so I only want 1 MPEG4 decoder, not 3 (Xvid decoder, DivX decoder, 3ivx decoder etc.)

Thats why I never use decoderpacks.

And I think it is very wrong when people call packs like that 'the best' there is..

Yeah, I realize this, when I install I only pick a custom selection, of course I don't select everything, but it's there for anyone that might need it for some reason.

I like the codecguys because they have like 2 updates a month, and they update to the latest offerings, even if apple or real do silent updates to their qt or rm, codecguide updates their package to the very latest versions...

And yeah, you are probably right about calling a codec pack 'the best', sorry about that. :o I know some are good at what they do and it's the persons choice on what they want to use, I've been using codecguide stuff exclusively for 2 years now, and I don't really bother with anything else, but there are other good ones too. But of course, there are bad examples of codec packs too. For instance I dunno why would anyone install the nimo packs these days, that pack is so ancient now, but I see people linking to it all the time on other forums... :o