Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

@CoRoNe

it is not mine. In this pack, i think that there are encode WMV codec.

@Dobby

i know, my host is very fluctuating. I will see if i can put the files elsewhere.

@dmiranda

Normaly this hotfix is included in last TTPack. Check WMP.dll file version. Must be 10.0.0.3990.

Hiya,

I've just installed nLite with WMP 9 and 6.4 removed, codecs removed, compatibiliy disabled, but ActiveX streaming left in.

I've installed WM10 Lite and the TTPack (with Firefox Plugins).

I can stream Windows Media and Real from the BBC.co.uk news site in Internet Explorer, and I can stream Real in Firefox, but I CAN'T stream Windows Media in Firefox.

The embedded player appears but remains blank and doesn't load the video. If I right-click and look at Error Details, I get the following:

No combination of filters could be found to render the stream. (Error=80040218)

Same for sites like www.break.com.

Any ideas? :(

I have MPC installed and if I download the video, it plays in there fine.

Another thing I noticed was that the Internet Explorer embedded Windows Media Player looks like the 9.xx skin, while the Firefox embedded Windows Media Player looks like 6.4. Can I make the Firefox player use the 9.xx look 'n feel? If so, how?

Thanks for any help you can offer me - also THANKS SO MUCH for nLite - my PC is now a dream to use! :D

I assume you have the WMP plugin (npdsplay.dll) in Firefox's plugins folder?

On this nLited system, also with all Media Player files/codecs removed and reinstalled by titou2k's packs, I can stream all media through Firefox. Furthermore, the interface is the modern, skinned version also.

This probably does not help terribly, but I just thought I would let you know that it does work - however, I have not tried reinstalling Windows with a recent nLite.

Cheers,

James

x

Figured it out! :)

I was using an unstable bleeding-edge Firefox (just extracted into a folder) rather than the stable 1.5 installer from Mozilla.org.

As soon as I installed the regular Firefox and reinstalled TTPack, I've now got the modern player and it's streaming fine.

Sorry for wasting your time, and thanks for replying anyway. Maybe it might help someone else? :)

Titou2k,

I just installed a regular win2k with SP4 integrated, I've 'hidden' windows media player, installed and configured mplayerc, directX9 and finally your TTpack 2.0.4 with the EN-addon and the customized INI.

This has always worked for me in XP and 2k3, but somehow it won't work for streaming content in my browser (FF) - I get an error saying a DirectShow-filter could not be found. The files play perfectly from my Hard Disk. The plugins and components are in the right directories and I've rebooted the computer several times now.

Any idea what could be the problem?

THX!

Zl.

Some questions,

1. In order to make an unattended install of this pack what are the steps I need to take. minimum files I need, use runonce, etc.

2. Do I need to install MPC a head of time or is that bundled into WM10Lite.

-Thanks in advance

Some questions,

1. In order to make an unattended install of this pack what are the steps I need to take. minimum files I need, use runonce, etc.

2. Do I need to install MPC a head of time or is that bundled into WM10Lite.

-Thanks in advance

1- when you want.

Simply run the .exe files.

I personnaly o it at T-12 with WIHU but it doesn't matter.

2- MPC is not bundled in WM10Lite AFAIK but you can install it when you want.

Thanks Camarade,

Unfortunately your post didn't help me at all one bit. What .exe file, when where?

What I'm saying is can someone post a step by step follow through on how they integrated this pack unattended in to there UACD?

I have searched this post up and down and I'm still perplexed.

-Thanks

• Use nLite to create your unattended CD. You should be able to select WMP 6.4 and 9 for removal. You can also turn off WMP compatibility option as the WMPLite pack sorts this as well.
  • Use runonce to install Firefox (if that's what you use). There is an MSI silent installer on this site
  • Use runonce to run WMPLite.exe (this does a silent install)
  • Install the media player of your choice. Winamp, VLC, MPC etc

I actually use the TTPack as this contains ReaLite and QuickTime alternatives meaning you don't need these players either.

If you are not familar with RunOnce please take a look at http://unattended.msfn.org

@ZenLord

I never tested package on W2k. So maybe some others files are missing. Somebody have already try successfully with W2K?

I updated TTPack to 2.1.0 :

-Now there is only one file. No more addon pack for language.

-I integrated English, French and German in the Pack

-More option in the ini file (like output folder...)

-The pack works now in GUI non-silent mode. (NSIS Setup)

- /S or ini file for silent install.

-I add Start Menu entries (can be remove with the ini file)

-I hope there is no bug...

I add RapidShare Mirror.

I can produce WMLite in the same way if you want.