Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

OH djeess... this is what I am trying for so long... to get MPC in Firefox (or IE)!! so that I don't need WMP at all!

Now I see some people here are going for a new extremely lite codecpack...

I am 100% against all current codecpacks since they install a lot of codecs... wich is not needed...

I use: MPC, FFDShow (and Real/Quicktime Alt).

Now I also use Illiminable Ogg codecs (Ogg/Theora/Speex/Flac) http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/

FFDshow is really all you need to play videofiles, it produces better image quality (then original codecs) and lower CPU power. For reasons why not to use those massive codecpacks:http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ffdshow.cfm

So I hope if there will be a new lite codecpack... it will contain FFDshow! :thumbup

Now I am going to get this method in my UWCD and test :D

BTW: altough MPC is my standardplayer, if I use my uwcd on other people computers they dont like the old fashioned MPC interface and still use WMP...

is there any possibility to get the wmp10 buttons in the MPC player interface? Just a question... not much hope..

I add french and german package here.

@OCedHrt

http://www.big-boys.com stream doesn't work with IE :no:

@orben

Earthcam works with IE.

@all

Install process:

Remove WMP9 and WMP6.4 with nLite and no 'Media Player Compatibility'

Run codec package after installing WinXP (find it on my Webpage)

If Firefox: copy npdsplay.dll in the firefox plugins folder

Working stream for testing: (IE and Firefox) BBC News Headlines

known problems:

Some stream doesn't work with firefox.

Some other stream doesn't work with firefox and IE.

Edited by titou2k

titou2k, no problem bud - happy to test! ;)

In fact, I'm seriously considering putting together some sort of nLite codecs package that consists of *just* the files required to play WMA/WMV, RealMedia and QT content in Firefox/MPC.

I know there are several codec packages already out there, but I'm sure they are not as clean or compact as they could be, with regard to extraneous files and registry entries.

Cheers,

James

That woulde an awesome idea, I will wait patiently to test it @ some point.

@coch

Your lite process to install quicktime codec works but i have 1 pb:

If i copy and register QTPlugin.ocx with QuickTime.qts in the same folder, then the streaming doesn't work and a 0 byte QuickTime.qtp file is created.

Did you notice this problem?

Edited by titou2k

@coch

Your lite process to install quicktime codec works but i have 1 pb:

If i copy and register QTPlugin.ocx with QuickTime.qts in the same folder, then the streaming doesn't work and a 0 byte QuickTime.qtp file is created.

Did you notice this problem?

Hi,

No I did not have this problem. Are you referring to streaming in IE? I must admit I had not tested IE streaming, not it seems that my methods for RealPlayer and Quicktime does not stream in IE (maybe I'm only missing the plugin). I only tested in Firefox amd I did not have this problem at all. My quicktime.qtp is 9 kb in size. I will investigate the issue (although the fact that streaming in IE does not wirk is of minor concern to me)