1 Cd Image, Multiple Systems

I have one CD image and I'd like to have oem files for 2 different machines (Dell GX260, Dell 4600). Can I reference 2 different .sif files for each machine to only copy the oem files needed so I am not copying both sets of files?

Thanks

Chris-

You can also set up a multi-boot CD, that way you'll have a different WINNT.sif file for each "boot section" that you have. This is what I do. I then have WINNT.SIF call different .INF files for WIHU, and it'll install everything to my exact specifications for each computer.

That should make it easier, not harder. There are a lot of options, the most obvious being two different i386 folders for each setup, and either different bootdisks or a boot menu to choose which folder to map to.

tjhart85's WIHU method should work for RIS as well, again just have seperate boot disks or a boot menu to select which version you want to run.

Since the name of the unattend file doesn't matter, you could have two different unattend files in the same i386 folder. Call one gx260.txt, the other dim4600.txt. Then have your menu choice set a variable for the unattend file to call. Something like this should work:

CHOICE/C12/N"                  Your choice: "
IF errorlevel=2 GOTO 4600
IF errorlevel=1 GOTO GX260

:4600
set AnswerFile=G:\i386\Dim4600.txt
GOTO WINNT

:GX260
set AnswerFile=G:\i386\GX260.txt
GOTO WINNT

:WINNT
set SetupFiles=G:\I386

G:\I386\winnt /s:%SetupFiles% /u:%AnswerFile%

(Note that this requires choice.com in your path or in the same folder)