Problems With Xp Connecting To Networked Drives

eplrs

Under W2K if you had a connection to a unix drive, when you logged in it would prompt you for a password (if the password was differnt than your windows password). XP doesn't do this. If you click on the drive it willl prompt you but that is the only time.

is there a way to have it prompt me during log in?

• 2 weeks later...

Try right-clicking on My Network Places and Map Network Drive. Map the drive and select connect using a different username. You can put in a user name and password that way to control the situtation at logon. I don't know if it's different connecting to Unix and maybe you want the password prompting but this way will avoid all that. Just make it permanent.

that is the way it is set, if i go to my computer i can see the the drive i want and if i click on it i am then prompted for a password. i want this to work the way it did in 2000 where if you permanent mapped drives you are prompted for pass words as you log in. we change our pass words every 90 days here.

I'm a windows admin not a unix admin so i have a different username for windows and unix, so i do have it as connect as other user.