Installing Office 2000 Premium

gilesw

I've got a problem with my xpcreate install that when i install office 2000 premium a wfp prompt comes up asking for the sp2 cd. Usually you can click cancel to allow wfp files to be overwritten but if you click cancel with this install office 2000 quits. any ideas ? It's not an issue on a vanilla xp with sp2 integrated install.

Incidently the base cd i use for xpcreate has sp2 integrated already . Should this be a problem ?

thanks,

g.

The base OS, XP SP2, is not the problem. I would bet that either a component of Office 2000 Premium or a program like Publisher, is selected to install and it cannot find the source files.

Have you tried an Administrative Install and then customized with the Office Resource Kit to select/deselect the components you want to install. If not, try it. It's pretty straight forward to setup.

Good luck.

...and are you using a legal version of office 2000 premium?

Every time i see Office 2000 Premium on peoples pc's, i have to wonder if it really is legit. What home user can afford that? Especially those with families and so on.

hmmmm hehe :rolleyes:

Is the Sp2 XP CD a "proper" one i.e. a hologramed one with SP2 on it or is it a slipstreamed one from a previous build? (maybe therein lies the problem)

But either way like GM says, I doubt it's because of using XPCREATE - i've never had trouble on any system where I used XPCREATE to install XP and then installed 2000.

Good luck.

Regards,

N.

I suppose a good test would be to install Office AFTER installation, and see if the same WFP box appears. It may have something to do with the state of the OS during installation. I would certainly think that Office may need to update some system files, so it MUST have a mechanism to allow it to do so. Apparently, that mechanism does not work DURING setup.

Just a theory ...