How-to: Integrate And Shrink Nero + Nve

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

I'm having some problems with this

In my folder i have nero6.6.0.0.exe and NVE3.0.0.12b_update.exe

i extract both of your files (startx and NVE_builder)

I put in my serial...

Then when i try and run the builder, it says FAILED you do not have package 1 & 2 in the directory.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Josh

@hammermtl

Those Nero files that u have is using an older naming convention.

You probabaly want to download the latest versions anyway.

But if you can't, simply rename nero6.6.0.0.exe to nero-6.6.0.0.exe and NVE3.0.0.12b_update.exe to NVE-3.0.0.12b_update.exe and it should work.

@vcBlackBox: you should consider changing the default output directory for your script. there might be some people around :whistle: who don't use english versions of windows and those people might be quite puzzled when there's no file to be found after the completion of your script.

I'm using Windows French edition and "Desktop" dir is called "Bureau". your script produces some file only if i create a "desktop" dir in my profile dir.

and by the way, language pack integration would be a good thing to add.

The new version says i need windows xp and exits. I'm runnin it on windows xp lol. i'm guessing you are checking output of ver command. i've changed it. here's what i mean

NERO%20NVE.jpg

can you disable the check for xp and upload it again.

thanx

Or maybe you could disable your "modified" VER and he does not do it??? Maybe if YOU want him to do something just cos you chose to mess with the VER command you could ask him nicely... maybe "Please" would be an idea??? ;)

@vcBlackBox: you should consider changing the default output directory for your script. there might be some people around :whistle: who don't use english versions of windows and those people might be quite puzzled when there's no file to be found after the completion of your script.

I'm using Windows French edition and "Desktop" dir is called "Bureau". your script produces some file only if i create a "desktop" dir in my profile dir.

and by the way, language pack integration would be a good thing to add.

I use an English version of Windows XP, so I was unaware of that. But had I made my output directory differently, there would still be other issues

affecting non-English versions, specifically my cleanup script. I don't think I want to go there, I wouldn't know where to begin if I had to account for all the

different default paths and filenames of other languages.

Also, earlier in my guide I had mentioned for English only, but then I changed it to Nero English. I guess I have to change it back to Windows XP English Editions ONLY.

As for the language packs, I don't think I will add that either, simply cause I don't use it and I don't have the answers for you if something goes wrong. Sorry.

If language pack integration is something you really want, you can check out eagle00789 post in this thread on how to do that.

The new version says i need windows xp and exits. I'm runnin it on windows xp lol. i'm guessing you are checking output of ver command. i've changed it. here's what i mean

NERO%20NVE.jpg

can you disable the check for xp and upload it again.

thanx

The reason why I made Windows XP a requirement is because most of my testing/work was done on an XP English machine and the reg command, that I used throughout most of my script, is only supported natively on XP/2003. Yes the builder itself will work for other WinOS, but because of the potential reg situation, I decided to put a version check in my script to bounce out any non-XP running machine. I hope you understand.

As Methanoid said, I think it would be better if you temporarily disabled your modified "ver", then rerun my script, than for me to change my script which would effect the majority of general users.

As Methanoid said, I think it would be better if you temporarily disabled your modified "ver", then rerun my script, than for me to change my script which would effect the majority of general users.

no problem :) i'll just replace original cmd.exe in system32

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, i get an error, i put the nero downloaded file & nve file in a dir called nero, i extract the startx filesthere, and the build proggy, then i modify the nero names in the build.cmd file (Cuz they r diff to the ones i have downloaded) i add the serial numbers, with dashes. all seems to go ok, it asks me the include remove questions, then asks if i want to use the super compression which i answer no to,,i goes away saying its creating the file on my desk top, then about 10 secs l8r it says done, but the file is only about 67k, and if i try to open it it comes vack and says zip7 unspecified error,,,,,,,,,,,,, help what am i doing wrong

Rgds Yan

@yandman

Hi yandman, and welcome to MSFN.

I believe your 7-zip error is due to an older 7-zip version, specifically v3.13. I've only tested it so far with the latest 4.xx beta versions. They use differnt switches. Please download the latest beta versions. That should cure your 7-zip problem.

But I would suggest you hold off a little-bit, as I'm currently updating my script to work with the lastest Nero and NVE versions. It should be ready later tonight.

As a special treat, I'm also making one specifically for Nero only. :)

New Version 1.4 Nero+NVE Builder.

This latest version addresses the new name change in setupx.exe and setupx.cfg (Nero-6.6.0.12.exe and NVE-3.1.0.0d.exe)

Therefore, my latest Nero+NVE Builder will no longer be backward compatible with older Nero or NVE versions.

Remove two new file associations MMV and MOD.

Remove specialoffer.exe

Other minor changes in Nero CleanUp section.

In addition, I figure some people might not want to include NeroVision Express in their setup, so I made a few tweaks to my script and now you can use my Nero Custom Applications Builder exclusively for Nero Burning ROM. View my signature for the link.

• 2 weeks later...

Error in coding...

:: --------------------------------

:: AutoPlay Handlers

:: --------------------------------

:: Removes all of Ahead's AutoPlay Abilities

:: reg delete "HKCR\Nero.AutoPlay2" /f

:: %CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib\apreg.dll

:: reg delete "HKCR\AheadAutoPlayHandlers.AheadAutoPlayHandlerManager" /f

should there be something else by that apreg.dll ?

like regsvr32 /u or something?