Setup Slideshow

Great Idea. Looks like most of the problems people are having are User Error. So, I think I can simplify things. I have changed one of Websee's files (hope you don't mind) in order to simplify things. Currently he runs the slide show from the CD or DVD. It is better to copy the files onto the hard drive and just run it from the install directory.

First, open your winnt.sif file and add

[GuiUnattended]
DetachedProgram="%systemdrive%\install\slide\slideshow.cmd"

Create a folder called Slide in your Install folder. Now download the attached file, unZIP it and copy all the files into

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

After that is done. Select all your slideshow images and copy them into the same folder.

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

Name them image01.jpg, image02.jpg, image03.jpg etc. Be sure to edit filelist.js to reflect all your images.

Burn the CD. Post your results.

Slide.zip

no, i have no problem with that, you are free to change and post changed versions as long as you know what you are doing and give me a credit ;)

..it doesnt run. Habe tried some configurations, load pictures from harddisk, dvd - no function. But now im play a little animation film on detached.cmd and mp3 files with cmdlines.txt .... "multimedia setup"....

i have thought of another thing: did u use nlite to remove any windows components? perhaps this could be the case

Great Idea.  Looks like most of the problems people are having are User Error.  So, I think I can simplify things.  I have changed one of Websee's files (hope you don't mind) in order to simplify things.  Currently he runs the slide show from the CD or DVD.  It is better to copy the files onto the hard drive and just run it from the install directory.

First, open your winnt.sif file and add

[GuiUnattended]
DetachedProgram="%systemdrive%\install\slide\slideshow.cmd"

Create a folder called Slide in your Install folder.  Now download the attached file, unZIP it and copy all the files into

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

After that is done.  Select all your slideshow images and copy them into the same folder. 

$OEM$\$\Install\Slide\

Name them image01.jpg, image02.jpg, image03.jpg  etc.  Be sure to edit filelist.js to reflect all your images.

Burn the CD.  Post your results.

Your method does not work either. I've try everything I can think of but, it just does not work. ARghhh!

Did yours work?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@websee - You say "did u use nlite to remove any windows components? perhaps this could be the case". Do you know wich components from Windows are perhaps responsible for not working this slideshow ?

Edited by SaintLaur

hi this is a great app

but ive read throug every page of this thread and i cant get it to run nothing runs under the

unattended gui

tryed a cmd window that wont run.

must be somthing missing from my windows cd will try with another when i can borrow one from my son

shame this is just what i wanted as for the people wanting animations how about sevral screens ran quickly as you can set the rate to what ever you like

• 5 weeks later...

i think the biggest problem is "image location"..

caz suppose u have images inj your "$OEM$\$1\Images\" folder....then how will u define your path???? we cant set path as "x:\$OEM$\$1\Images\" ( where "x" is your CD rom) because setup.hta will not identify path of CD rom...because for all users ...CD rom path is not same as "x" ...it may be "y" or "z" etc!!!

for example....i have cd drive as "H"...so my "images" folder will in "H:\$OEM$\$1\images\" ..ok

so my path of images in "filelist.js" is

"H:\$OEM$\$1\images\images1.jpg",

"H:\$OEM$\$1\images\images2.jpg",

"H:\$OEM$\$1\images\images3.jpg",

etc..

but when i will put the cd into another CD drive " I" ...then this path will be useless...caz now CD drive path is "I"......so it wont work like this way...we have to use variables like "%systemdrive%" OR "%CDROM%"...etc...but i think this type of variables are not supported by JAVA SCRIPTS!!!

m i right??

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't there be a way to get video to work if you used a small player that ran almost independantly, like say media player classic? you could copy media player classic to the hard drive then run a batchfile, call it playvideo.cmd, to start media player classic from DetachedProgram?

This sounds like it would work and I plan on trying it out but let me know what you guys think.

Of course the video file will have to be something windows can play without needing codecs.

you dont need the bink player. You must bink the wmv or avi and then convert to a self running exe-file. This file can you start direct in detachedprogram or with a cmd file in detachedprogram. ..but without sound at T39....sound starts at T33/32. I run such a "binked" - exe at t39 and after that, at T33 i play some mp3s during setup