I Couldn't Install Some Drivers After Patch

Hi,

First all, thank you for those people who contributes much effort to refine the win98SE. :thumbup

Ok, here it one of my strange problem; I couldn't install a SMC bluetool device driver on my 98SE. When I try to install the driver, it just prompted "Please install this software on Windows 98SE or later". :angry:

I called up the SMC tech support, they just told me that my 98SE is corrupted! :no: I told them that I can install other software(really, I can install other software..) but they just insisted my 98SE is corrupted. :realmad:

Did anyone encounter such problem before? Did I miss something for the installation? I currently run on the SP20RC1.

Appreciated your valuable advise.

** I try to enclose the image of the error message, not sure if you can see..

post-25494-1109776706_thumb.jpg

Ok, here it one of my strange problem; I couldn't install a SMC bluetool device driver on my 98SE. When I try to install the driver, it just prompted "Please install this software on Windows 98SE or later".  :angry:

I called up the SMC tech support, they just told me that my 98SE is corrupted! :no:  I told them that I can install other software(really, I can install other software..) but they just insisted my 98SE is corrupted.  :realmad:

Hi,

Probably these drivers are checking a Windows 98 SE file such as KERNEL32.DLL which is updated by SP 2.0. So, can you learn that which file is checked by this SMC drivers?

Also can you try to install this drivers manually? Some drivers can be installed manually.

Hi Gape,

Thx for the reply. SMC tech support did reply but they didn't believe I have the latest build of win98SE. Therefore, I sent them the snap shot and still waiting for their reply.

I'm not so in deepth as your guys do... :blushing: so I couldn't tell what's happened. I did try to install manually but my win98SE refused to install. :angry:

I'm not sure if these steps were corrected; What I did was plugged in the SMC bluetooth device SMC-BT10 to the PC, instead to install its driver 1st. It prompted and asked for .ini file but I couldn't found any. The strange thing was I could see the .ini files at my office PC and I copied them over to my thumb drive.

The moment I plugged the thumb drive in my win98SE PC, it couldn't see any .ini files. :no:

can you learn that which file is checked by this SMC drivers?

Gape, how do I know what SMC try to look for?

Above mention, please advise.