'hey Ya'll' From South Carolina

SCVic

Home of the world's largest hypocrite.... Strom Thurmond! Ha ha

One of a few number of places you can use your heat AND a/c in the same day.

Anyway.......I found this site a few months back but didn't really have the time or the patience to really delve too much into it, until last week (3rd week of Feb '05) when I had time to sit down and build my first unattended cd. I really have no idea what I'm doing but the forums are HUGE in my success. Can we amend that old adage "Behind every good man is a great woman" ---> "Behind every successful unattended cd is MSFN!"

Still working the bugs out as far as getting MSAntispyware to install from the uA, but other than that it's perfect.

Looking forward to learning all that I can from this site.

SCVic :D

- Columbia, SC

I'm not sure if you were joking, but my name is NOTThurmond. That's an insult to me. Strom Thurmond was the oldest member of the U.S. Congress who, back in the 50's ran under a segregationist, yet he fathered a mixed racial child who is in her mid 70's now.

@ SCVic :D prathapml has no idea who good ole Strom is or was. prathapml thought you were yanking your own chain.

I don't know if I would be to negative about Thurmond yet. I don't think history has finished writing itself on him. If you can believe it, I had the fortune (good or bad) to meet him once. I was hitch-hiking and Thurmond and another older gentleman from Greenwood picked me up. Only got to talk to them for a couple of minutes and Thurmond's mind was clear as a bell and I don't think he ever forgot anything. I had lived in Greenwood at one time and Thurmond new some people I had known and what they had been up to. Including things that I had forgotten about. You referred to him as a hypocrite, justifyable. How many years did he spend in politics? Yes, he fathered a mixed race child, but he took care of her and her mother and he did this in the 1930s when all he had to do was ignore them and that would have been completely acceptable at that time. For some reason, she seems to hold no animosity. I don't know all of his doings but I think you can call him a hypocrite because he played both sides and did it successfully for a long, long time. I'm just saying to give time to somewhat current events and see what history has to say.

So, you're a flatlander SCVic. I live up the hill from you in Hendersonville, NC. Welcome to MSFN.

DL

Flatlander, huh.... lol I'm actually a transplanted yankee.... from Jersey. The worst kind. ;)

So, you're saying as a human being he was a good person, but as a politician he defined the word? This really isn't the forum for political and moral conversations. Actually didn't expect it start something. I certainly have more opinion on this subject but will hold my tongue.

Nice to meet ya, DL. This site is certainly huge. I've only got one friend in IT that would appreciate it and he really can't use it because on the W2K3 network he administers, he pushes Win98 desktops, where needed, via Citrix.

By the way, have any connections in the Columbia area? I'm a A+, Net+ certified tech currently studying for MCP (XP), on a MCSA track. Hey, I gotta ask. :)

Take care DL.

Vic

@SCVic

So, you're saying as a human being he was a good person, but as a politician he defined the word? This really isn't the forum for political and moral conversations.

Nahhh, ain't sayin either, just give history time. You are right though, no place for moral or political *##@%&. :)

Can't say that I have any connections in Columbia. The closest I get is when I drive through, on my way to Florida or Georgia. And by the by, I am no techie of any kind. I found MSFN, know a good thing when I see it and now I won't leave them alone. :D

I used to live in Jersey. Near Washington, in a town called Oldwyck (was called Germantown prior to WWII ). Lived there for two years. It was really nice before it got gentryfied. If you are from the Jersey shore area or the Pine Barrens, the you still qualify as a flatlander. :thumbup

Welcome aboard.

DL

• 2 weeks later...
@ SCVic  :D  prathapml has no idea who good ole Strom is or was.  prathapml thought you were yanking your own chain.

I don't know if I would be to negative about Thurmond yet.  I don't think history has finished writing itself on him.  If you can believe it, I had the fortune (good or bad) to meet him once.  I was hitch-hiking and Thurmond and another older gentleman from Greenwood picked me up.  Only got to talk to them for a couple of minutes and Thurmond's mind was clear as a bell and I don't think he ever forgot anything.  I had lived in Greenwood at one time and Thurmond new some people I had known and what they had been up to.  Including things that I had forgotten about.  You referred to him as a hypocrite, justifyable.  How many years did he spend in politics?  Yes, he fathered a mixed race child, but he took care of her and her mother and he did this in the 1930s when all he had to do was ignore them and that would have been completely acceptable at that time.  For some reason, she seems to hold no animosity.  I don't know all of his doings but I think you can call him a hypocrite because he played both sides and did it successfully for a long, long time.  I'm  just saying to give time to somewhat current events and see what history has to say.

So, you're a flatlander SCVic.  I live up the hill from you in Hendersonville, NC.  Welcome to MSFN.

DL

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. Neat story. Thanks.