Game Consoles

Muaitai

what is the best game console for you?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best game console for you?

• PlayStation 2
    • Xbox
    • GameCube

The only reason it is much better is becuase it requires a faster connection. While I use 300k on NFS U2 netplay.

Do XBox users need to pay per month or something for XBox Live?

Nope, it's $50 US for the *year*. When XBox360 comes out your XBL account becomes a "Gold" account (same price, full 24/7 access to play your games online and everything else), while everyone who even *buys* an XBox 360 will get a FREE silver account allowing free play on weekends and some other goodies, as well as access to all the other neat features.

Should be **** slick! :)

Jason

XBOX is crap.. I ain't no fanboy either.. I just hate xbox.. It's ridiculous.

A family of four fits inside!!

Look at this! http://hamstarsdld.tripod.com/unfair.html

Yeah, you're a fanboi alright. What a load of crap that link is. Does anyone here believe for ONE second that the PS2 is actually MORE powerful than the XBox? All you have to do is look at a game like Splinter Cell, compare the XBox to the PS2 and you'll see plain as day what a LIE that is! :)

Sorry, but PS2, while it DOES have a few good games (IMHO, the Metal Gear Solid series has one of the most well told stories of any console game to date) the system CANNOT be said to be more powerful than XBox. It's just idiocy to even make the claim.

Jason

The only reason I would get a ps2 is the bew meta gear. Why are they not releasing that for x box?

Yeah, they definitely should have, the XBox would have made a better show of it.

However, I DO have to say that the Metal Gear series is, IMHO, the single best storytelling going on on ANY of the major consoles. Kojima is awesome, and Microsoft definitely needs to dump a load of cash into Konami's lap to make games for 360.

Jason

I've gotta say PS2. I prefer racing games to RPGs, and GT4 and the burnout series make my day. Also, I've got the slimline, and I can tell you that it's much more portable than the XBox, and possibly the GameCube (dunno about this... but it's **** portable). I can carry the console, 4 controllers, and several games in a box no bigger than your average shoebox.

Not to mention that my investment in games for my old PSX and PS2 will come in handy when I buy the PS3. We don't even know if XBox360 will be backwards compatible...

The only reason I would get a ps2 is the bew meta gear. Why are they not releasing that for x box?

Yeah, they definitely should have, the XBox would have made a better show of it.

However, I DO have to say that the Metal Gear series is, IMHO, the single best storytelling going on on ANY of the major consoles. Kojima is awesome, and Microsoft definitely needs to dump a load of cash into Konami's lap to make games for 360.

Jason

reason is similar to why halo is not ported to ps2...

i also doubt MGS is the only PS2 game that worths the cash, think about tekken, gran turismo, soul calibur 3 (yes it is said it will only be released for ps2), and many many other titles. PS2 had my vote, not for being more powerful or for having better hardware, most (if not all) of my favorite games are exclusive for that console.

with a PS2 you can also do the same than with the box.

Jason

reason is similar to why halo is not ported to ps2...

i also doubt MGS is the only PS2 game that worths the cash, think about tekken, gran turismo, soul calibur 3 (yes it is said it will only be released for ps2), and many many other titles. PS2 had my vote, not for being more powerful or for having better hardware, most (if not all) of my favorite games are exclusive for that console.

with a PS2 you can also do the same than with the box.

Well, Metal Gear Solid 2 was ported to XBox just fine and ran great, but there is simply no possible way you could get Halo2 to run on PS2. Point is, if it had been *natively* coded for XBox it would have been *greatly* superior (in terms of graphics. Not much could have improved the stories of the MGS games. Part 2 was an exception (too freaking weird at the end) but Part 3 answered those questions (well, most of them) pretty well.

SC3 I expect will come to other consoles later, so I am not worried about that. Out of the 3 versions of SC2, the PS2 version was the *worst*, so I can only assume that it's exclusive solely due to a Sony payoff. As for Tekken and GT, I think they both suck a**. Tekken's controls have sucked since version 1 and they never got better. GT3 and 4 were OK, but the sole high-poly item in the entire game was the car you drove, everything else was low poly with nice textures. Sad, really.

Anyway, you're right that there are more good games for PS2, such as Final Fantasy X and a few others. As a *percentage* of total games I'd have to say that Playstation has the lowest ratio of good games to crap games, though, with Nintendo having the highest (almost all the gamecube games I've played have been very well designed and lots of fun) while the XBox sat in the middle.

Jason

As for Tekken and GT, I think they both suck a**. Tekken's controls have sucked since version 1 and they never got better. GT3 and 4 were OK, but the sole high-poly item in the entire game was the car you drove, everything else was low poly with nice textures. Sad, really.

man i was forced to quote you, tekken suck a**???

tekken is the best fighting game ever created (or at least the best without weapons).

there are multiples game modes, i.e. on tekken tag you could play bowling or in tekken5 you can play something similar to "final fight", the old street fighting game.

the controls are perfect for me, a couple of characters have more than 100 combos. tekken5 is known to use 98% of ps2 potential.

i'm not a ps2 fanboy but a tekken fanboy :P

about gt4 i have to agree but is a really funny game and people love to pass the drive licenses :)

As for Tekken and GT, I think they both suck a**. Tekken's controls have sucked since version 1 and they never got better. GT3 and 4 were OK, but the sole high-poly item in the entire game was the car you drove, everything else was low poly with nice textures. Sad, really.

man i was forced to quote you, tekken suck a**???

tekken is the best fighting game ever created (or at least the best without weapons).

there are multiples game modes, i.e. on tekken tag you could play bowling or in tekken5 you can play something similar to "final fight", the old street fighting game.

the controls are perfect for me, a couple of characters have more than 100 combos. tekken5 is known to use 98% of ps2 potential.

i'm not a ps2 fanboy but a tekken fanboy :P

about gt4 i have to agree but is a really funny game and people love to pass the drive licenses :)

Oh, I'm sorry but you be smokin' CRAC, dude :) Tekken sucks BALLS and always has. The controls are miserable and unresponsive, the graphics are about the same as pretty much any other PS2 fighter, etc. And *bowling* as a selling point for a fighter? You've got to be kidding me.

On any day of any year, Soul Calibur and DOA series' both kick the p*** out of Tekken.

As for GT4, I have to admit a bias: I don't like racing games, at least, not unless the car has weapons and I can run over pedestrians. Now *that* is fun! :) We need a new "Carmageddon" game!

Jason

Oh, I'm sorry but you be smokin' CRAC, dude Tekken sucks BALLS and always has. The controls are miserable and unresponsive, the graphics are about the same as pretty much any other PS2 fighter, etc. And *bowling* as a selling point for a fighter? You've got to be kidding me.

On any day of any year, Soul Calibur and DOA series' both kick the p*** out of Tekken.

As for GT4, I have to admit a bias: I don't like racing games, at least, not unless the car has weapons and I can run over pedestrians. Now *that* is fun! We need a new "Carmageddon" game!

Jason

i don't smoke (crac or anything), and i don't like it to be suggested ;)

for your post is clear that you don't have any (even a small) idea of what you're talking. you must be one of those pro-xbox guys who hates anything that is only available for ps2.

tekken is the fighting game with MOST combos so i'm wondering why control sucks... is an arcade game man, how controls can "suck"?!

you must get outhere from your X-Barricade and look for other opinions... ign award, 9.3/10 at gamespot, 4.5/5 at gamepro, 4.5/5 at playstation.about ...

man, your *bowling* never was a selling point, i said that in tekken you can do many more things than just "fighting", don't be that picky with my words :P

soulcalibur is one of my other prefered games but you can't compare DOA or soulcalibur with tekken, is like comparing splinter cell with MGS. they both are similar of course, but not of the same taste... but hey, wait 1 minute, i see your point here! DOA and soulcalibur are available for the X console and tekken not!! lol :lol:

... so you want a game of racing and killing ... what if you return to the old 80s? buy carmaggedon again and keep the fun! :)

Oh, I'm sorry but you be smokin' CRAC, dude Tekken sucks BALLS and always has. The controls are miserable and unresponsive, the graphics are about the same as pretty much any other PS2 fighter, etc. And *bowling* as a selling point for a fighter? You've got to be kidding me.

As for GT4, I have to admit a bias: I don't like racing games, at least, not unless the car has weapons and I can run over pedestrians. Now *that* is fun! We need a new "Carmageddon" game!

Jason

i don't smoke (crac or anything), and i don't like it to be suggested ;)

for your post is clear that you don't have any (even a small) idea of what you're talking. you must be one of those pro-xbox guys who hates anything that is only available for ps2.

tekken is the fighting game with MOST combos so i'm wondering why control sucks... is an arcade game man, how controls can "suck"?!

you must get outhere from your X-Barricade and look for other opinions... ign award, 9.3/10 at gamespot, 4.5/5 at gamepro, 4.5/5 at playstation.about ...

man, your *bowling* never was a selling point, i said that in tekken you can do many more things than just "fighting", don't be that picky with my words :P

soulcalibur is one of my other prefered games but you can't compare DOA or soulcalibur with tekken, is like comparing splinter cell with MGS. they both are similar of course, but not of the same taste... but hey, wait 1 minute, i see your point here! DOA and soulcalibur are available for the X console and tekken not!! lol :lol:

... so you want a game of racing and killing ... what if you return to the old 80s? buy carmaggedon again and keep the fun! :)

No, I'm not at all one of those "pro XBox" guys who hates everything PS2. Far from it. As a matter of fact, I own XBox, PS2, GameCube, SNES, NES, Genesis, Sega CD, Master System, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, Game Gear, GB Color, GBA, Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad and an Intellivision (of all things), along with a library of more than 300 games. Of those games about 40 are PS1 games (and they're pretty much the 40 that are actually *good* out of all the other garbage out for that system) and about 32 of which are PS2 games.

Moreover, I know *exactly* what I am talking about. Yes, Tekken has the most combos. Big yay. I could say I have the most hair on my a** crack, does that make me special? No. Those combos are worthless if you can't routinely pull them off easily and en masse. Tekken's controls, at least up through version 4, are too unresponsive and slow to make for much fun, IMHO. The other games I mentioned have simply always been more fun, and that was equally true when they were for Dreamcast, before XBox ever came out.

As for GT4, I could really care less. As I said before I *am* biased about racing games because I don't like them on the whole. I find them to be boring, tedius and irritating at best, barring the inclusion of slick gameplay features (a la the upcoming Full Auto from Sega, which I played at E3 and was frickin' awesome).

Now please, go back and stroke your PS2 to sleep, your FanBoi-ism is showing.

Jason