Game Consoles

Muaitai

what is the best game console for you?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best game console for you?

• PlayStation 2
    • Xbox
    • GameCube

i have the gamecube, best console imo for several reasons, for everything else there's the PC.

Reasons:

Best Games (that arent already on the PC).

Most Exclusive Games.

Wavebird Controller is Awesome.

Very Portable/Durable: light, small.

Looks Great: Platinum/Small.

Well then you're a bit screwed once youv'e had a night out at the pub and everyone wants to go over to somebodie's place for a multiplay game session :P It's not like you can easily set up a LAN for a bunch of mates to play on ;)

What do U mean under "durable"

du·ra·ble 

adj.

1. Capable of withstanding wear and tear or decay: a durable fabric.

2. Able to perform or compete over a long period, as by avoiding or overcoming injuries: a durable fullback.

3. Lasting; stable: a durable friendship.

4. Economics. Not depleted or consumed by use: durable goods.

adj 1: existing for a long time; "hopes for a durable peace"; "a long-lasting friendship" [syn: lasting, long-lasting, long-lived]2: serviceable for a long time; "durable denim jeans" [syn: long-wearing] 3: very long lasting; "less durable rocks were gradually worn away to form valleys"; "the perdurable granite of the ancient Appalachian spine of the continent" [syn: indestructible, perdurable, undestroyable]

:P

I'm not going to base a vote on the types of games it has. Each person will have their own preference about a game, anyway. To say "Xbox rules because of these games" is going to be ultimately debatable to many others, it's ridiculous. The Xbox is the biggest console ever which is no surprise anyway since it comes from Windows. Filesize and physical size.

I own a PSTwo and like it. It's not my favorite gaming machine, though. Limited features compared to the PS2.

GameCube? HA! Please, folks. When this console came out they said it was to be the next generation of gaming from Nintendo. That's exact why they went from a N64 which was 2D and 3D mixed to the Cube which was a, ah yes, 2D and 3D mixed! What next generation? It's the same **** thing! Now they make yet another one called Revolution? If that thing is the same, I am going to punch a wall sooo hard just to vent my utter disgust.

Now to choose my favorite gaming console. None. The PC is the best. :) (Null Vote)

XBOX offcourse! What other console can u do all the things (and the easy way we do it) u do with a Xbox?

Reading a Divx on a PS2 gives more work than a art piece .. and thats when the PS2 doesnt fail.

Can u hook the PS2 to the PC and use it as a Multimedia Center?

Xbox rulez! :thumbup

SOnu27: Nice wmv! ;) Thats a nice way to test things ...!

• 3 weeks later...

I for the Xbox all the way!!! PS2 is not bad, but the Xbox has better graphics and much, much, much better online play.

Also, Xbox's can be modded without opening the box. I Softmodded mine a while back to play my 'backups'. Never had to crack the case.

• 4 weeks later...
Playstation 2 gets my vote.  Sure, the graphics on the XBox may be better but keep in mind it has a whole year of extra technology in it.  I am a BIG RPG fan, and te XBox just doesn't have enough to make me go out and waste my money on it.

You're kidding, right? Granted, PS2 has more games, but it also has more CRAP games than every other console *combined*. XBox has recently gotten great RPG's like Fable (which is superb in spite of not quite pegging the hype) and the new Jade Empire. I'll tell you what, though: JE *alone* is worth the system purchase.

In addition, the Live service is *far* beyond anything Sony offers or is even *rumored* to offer anytime soon.

Sorry, but PS2 over XBox? You gotta be smoking crack.