WinXP crashes like hell!

s1m0n

hahaha!

omigod, i was such an id***!!!

i solved the problem, muhahaha!

i can't believe i didn't think of it.

alright, here's the solution my friends: lower the clock speed on your vid card! i totally forgot that i had overclock my vid card thru modding the bios. haha, ****, i guess the reason i didn't think of it was because winME handled the speed fine, but i guess winxp is more sensitive.

alritghy! there's the answer to all peepz!

leave me a msg if you wanna know how to lower your vid card speed by bios!

laterz and thankz to all who've tried to help!

like i said, in winme that clock speed worked fine, that's why i didn't think of it.

besides, i totally forgot about it because that clock speed is my default speed because i set it in the bios.

Hi i get this blue screen of death as well only time i get it when alt tabing from a game then click to go back in also only happens some times

i'm runnig the newest drivers 22.50 they don't seem to fix it :)

though i was running 21.8* etc etc i didn't have a problem thta i noticed thou the speed increase in 22.50 is worth a couple bsod.

any way i'm runnig

p3 1gig

no via crap

256ram

geforce 2 mx 100/200

Sblive Value

and running easy cd creator with otu directcd and take two in it.

hmm, for me, like i said, the problem was solved when i lower the clock speed on my vid card. although the bsod says it's something wrong with the drivers, that wasn't the case for me.

have you tried lowering your clock speed?

first of all, nv4_disp.dll is the video card driver. Second of all, I have all three of those aforementioned items on my computer, and even an nvidia geforce 2 gts card, and even winxp plus installed. Now...this entire combination should be the nightmare combination, yet my stability is perfect...absolutely no problems in three weeks (I got it from one of those wholesale places early).

to clear things up:

i lower the "default" speed of the bios... which i had bumped up myself using a bios tweaker. so in reality i did not lose or lower its stock speed, just my oc'ed speed.

hope that clear some things up.

He was refering to his sitution, he had overclocked his hardware so he had to back down on it. I wouldnt lower anything, like you said lose of performance. Im still checking out some things to find out what this error is exzactly. When I get off work tonight Ill check the newsgroups and see what anyone has found out.

-XPerties

yep np thx man yea no ways i'm lowering stuff so i loss performance rofl i'm a tweaker more then anything but i don't over clock.

ht*p://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?1907162

3d marks 2001 on winxp with a mx400

Do not post active links...read the forum rules....edit by mod[/color:bab178ecc7]

Dazilla..yes, you have to really get on the ball with cooling when it comes to overclocking. (Athlons run hotter than Intel chips) A good place to go for good cooling stuff is ht*p://www.coolerguys.com.Another place to look into overclocking an Athlon chip is ht*p://www.tomshardware.com. I have never overclocked an Athlon chip but from what I have read, you have to make physical changes to the actual chip using soldering iron, etc. Not me!

Rick:hohum

[b:2bbc10f248] dazilla [/b:2bbc10f248] - Just for your information in case you ever decide to try it you should first get to know your bios. Find out what your temps are on you cpu and motherboard right now...during a burn in and idleing. There so much more to OC than just a few settings. Trust me, I have eveything over clocked to the max with 7 case fans, high performance heatsink w/fan, chipset fan, graphics fan, ram fan, and I run at a cool 32c cpu and 28c motherboard! Altho it took me weeks if not months to master the OC skills.

-XPerties

[b:2bbc10f248]Never try to OC unless you know your temps at a normal rate and you can watch in real time when you boot into windows after OC. Also you should never use standard crap that comes with cpu or video card. They suck.[/b:2bbc10f248]