Anyway To Add Outlook Express

mangohead

I just installed Windows 2003 Server that was modified with Nlite. it works great! except i just realized that by removing Outlook Express, I can no longer use Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to re-add Outlook Express? or a work around?!?

thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I just installed Windows 2003 Server that was modified with Nlite.  it works great! except i just realized that by removing Outlook Express, I can no longer use Outlook 2003.  Is there anyway to re-add Outlook Express? or a work around?!?

thanks!

If you have SP2. I recommend to reinstall. Especially if you can do it (with all programs and settings) within six hours :crazy: That's how much I endure to reinstall little stupid OE and save all other meaningful apps. (without success :thumbdown )

• 1 year later...

After long search in the dark, i finally found how to install Outlook XP (2002) on my Windows Server 2003 with OE6 removed.

to setup Office Outlook and add a new e-mail account connecting to POP3 server.

Extract 3 binaries from an original Server 2003 CD (they are probably removed from your nLited CD!) to %SystemRoot%\system32

inetcomm.dl_
inetres.dl_
msoert2.dl_

with Dependency Walker i have checked inetcomm.dll and found that this dll requires msoert2.dll

to register inetcomm.dll inetres.dll is also required.

Have a look in msoe50.inf:

[RunOnce.Reg]
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","RunOnceEx",2,"rundll32.exe %11%\iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\OEWAB OS Setup","OE5_2",0,"%11%\inetcomm.dll|DllRegisterServer"

You can register from the command line:

regsvr32 /s %SystemRoot%\system32\inetcomm.dll

to launch Office Outlook, some infos have to be merged in registry.

Have a look in msoe50.inf:

[User.Stub.50]
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID_OE%",,,"%MS_OUTLOOK_5%"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID_OE%","IsInstalled",0x10001,01,00,00,00
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID_OE%","Locale",,"%STR_LANG%"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID_OE%","ComponentID",,"MailNews"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID_OE%","CloneUser",0x10001,01,00,00,00
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID_OE%","StubPath",0x00020000,"""%ProgramFiles%\%STR_MAILNEWS_DIR%\setup50.exe"" %APP_OE% %CALLER% /user /install"

Edited by Bilou_Gateux