Start Up Problem

Mazarul

I am having an issue with windows xp pro. sometimes when I start it up, it boots all the way to the wallpaper but not icons or taskbar appears, the mouse works but not the keyboard. Sometimes I wait about 1 min or 2 but nothing happens. I would have to shutdown and restart about 2x before everything loads.

...and your system is virus and spyware free?

From my experience it may happen that Windows or certain tools are trying to update from the Internet or your computer may be looking for other computers or shares on the network, or perhaps even a DHCP server.

Disable or uninstall any networking utilities you have installed. Also...

START > RUN > msconfig > OK > Startup [Tab]

Anything suspicious there?

Try opening Windows Explorer and go to "My Network Places". Delete any mappings to other computers.

If all fails, try removing your Network adapter(s) from the device manager, reboot windows, and allow it to detect and re-install your NICs.

HTH.

Sorry that didn't help any.

What software do you have installed besides your clean WinXP install.

Did this problem appear just out of the air or have you installed anything new recently?

Also, I realize your keyboard doesn't respond, but if there's a chance, press CTRL-ALT-DEL. If the Taskmanager shows up, check the processes. Is anything eating a lot of CPU time?

Any chance of opening the log files from the event viewer?

Out of curiosity... I read you've checked MSConfig and your NIC. How do you access those without icons or taskbar and no keyboard?

go to safemode

use msconfig and uncheck everything at startup to see if you have the same problem

if not, enable one by one at startup and reboot your computer

repeat above steps to see which causes the problem

When I have this problem CTRL-ALT-DEL does not work. I check them when I was able to boot to my desktop. Sometimes when I have this problem I'm always able to boot to safemode wit no problems.

I am starting to think maybe it's related to rhis program

FrontMotion Login

FrontMotion Login

Sounds scary... Remove it! Also remove anything else from Add/Remove software which you are unsure about and are able to reinstall.

Its definately something that gets loaded during a normal start, but NOT durinng safemode.

MSConfig > startup would be your friend!

I told him that already in the first answer to his post.

It's becoming rather obvious you are not reading the entire threads, and making a dumb a$$ out of yourself, filling up the tread with useless junk! :realmad:

And he already said he tried that, dude... lighten up!!!

I told him that already in the first answer to his post.

It's becoming rather obvious you are not reading the entire threads, and making a dumb a$$ out of yourself, filling up the tread with useless junk!  :realmad:

And he already said he tried that, dude... lighten up!!!

you don't like what i write.? perhaps, don't read it. ok?

i am here to help people who have problem with computer. If he tried that and still have problem, he obviously didn't know what he was doing.

enough said.

about you. you should hush as well because you don't contribute anything.