Last Part ! - Need Advice - P4 Heatsinks ?

phillyman2004

I have picked out every last part of my new computer system, except the Heatsink , I refuse to use the intel stock heatsink , because the last one i installed , my p4 was at 435 degrees , yes !!!!! Went thru the Windows XP install Process before i found out !!!!

Here is my system sitting in my room right now....

Pentium 4 550 HT (3.4)

Asus P5GD2 Premium

Antec NeoPower 480w

Coolermaster Cavalier

ATI All In Wonder x600

Kingston 512 DDR2 Memory

Sony Floppy

Plextor 712 DVD-RW

LiteOn CD-RW

Sound (Integrated)

Nic (Integrated)

Modem (Yea Right)

Harddrive 2x 200gig WD Sata

Speakers (Logitech 5.1)

Keyboard (Logitech)

Mouse (Logitech)

Thermal Paste (Arctic Silver 5)

I cant decide on a Heatsink for the life of me , Either They are ....

Too Big

Too Ugly

Too Loud

Or Dont cool enough

Anyone have suggestions , i have been to about 10 review sites , and cant really decide on one.....

Coolermaster Hyper 48

Seems a bit heavy , Or since it mounts with a backplate should i not worry ? But Leaning towards this

ThermalTake Sonic Tower

Not too sure about this one , again seems heavy and expensive , plus i have to buy a fan

ThermalTake Big Typhoon

Still not sure

IF anyone has one of these , or has any that i might have missed , please submit any insight , I want good cooling and silient operation , I have a Volcano 7+ in my current system , and it sounds like a dirt devil....lol

Thanks for any Help

Rob

after trying a few newer ones, i like the ThermalTake SilentTower 112. It is big and a pain in the a%$ to install properly, but even after a little overclocking and at full load, my temps have not been over 49c without a fan! (though you can actually install 2 on it) Pure silence! ;) All the P4 coolers are big it seems. The Zalman CNPS7700-Cu seemed promising, but i was not impressed with it after using it for a month.

Just my 2c worth. Hope it helps

after trying a  few newer ones, i like the ThermalTake SilentTower 112. It is big and a pain in the a%$ to install properly, but even after a little overclocking and at full load, my temps have not been over 49c without a fan! (though you can actually install 2 on it) Pure silence! ;) All the P4 coolers are big it seems.  The Zalman CNPS7700-Cu seemed promising, but i was not impressed with it after using it for a month.

Just my 2c worth. Hope it helps

Unfortunatly , I dont have the Clearance required for the Zalman , with the case i have i need more room between the Heatsink and Powersupply

Also the Spire one looks ugly as heck , and i dont wanna deal with those twisty tabs like the Stock Cooler had , would rather screw it on , rather then screw it up

Rob

• 7 months later...