Nfsu2 Mods

hamstar

I finished NFSU2 a while ago, and I think the replayability on it is crap...

I mean, even the game itself isn't that fun.

What we need is Mods...

I've searched the internet high and low for mods for it but it seems that EA's system is to close knit and proprietry.

Which sucks.

How cool would NFSU2 be if it had mods? It would last so much longer.

Think about it:

Make your own, or download cars to put in the game, like GTA.

New Maps

Non-linear checkpoint races (Midnight Club 2)

Gameplay alterations, such as more computer players joining in your outrun when they see you.

It could be so much cooler, so why haven't they opened the game up to modders?

They did with BF1942.

Maybe no one would buy NFSU3 if they were still happy playing NFSU2, but I doubt it... everyone pirates the games anyway...

bad EA...

i agree... those are some cool ideas... I'd love to be able to download some cars and put them in the game, esp the more exotic sports cars... your vipers, ferraris, lamborghinis etc

do you have any idea of what amount of work that would be??

nfs:u2 is not like gta3 or similar. think in the amount of models a car has (check game dirs) and how difficult could be to create every customized part.

that's why there aren't any car mods for nfs, because it would be too difficult.

anyway there are others like paint-mods, search the web. my skyline looks like the one on 2f2f movie :P

@Simonsays

are we not allowed to dream??? :P

i hear ya though... it'd be an insane amount of work, but that's why EA should have seen if it was possible to make it easier to import cars into the game. At this point there's obviously no way, but maybe for future game releases.

allowed to dream, lol, i've dreamed about it too many times :P

i don't think ea has nothing to do with this, there were beautiful mods for pre nfs:u games. problem is that those cars had only 2 models (normal and damage).

now if you look at nfs:u2 files, you see there are a lot of parts, lots of visual upgrades so it will be mostly difficult if not impossible to create visual upgrades for a new car, or at last that is what i think

yeah... def sounds like it would be too difficult to implement in this game, but as I said, maybe they can think of that for future games and hopefully make it a little easier to implement those kind of mods

Well, yeah thats what I thought, but they could have made some kind of generic mesh, maybe... or maybe the developers could have just chosen something predefined, like, a boxmesh that sits on the model of the car with points that the bodykits etc adhere to.

Theres what? 26 models in nfsu2? at least one bodykit should fit the car a developer decides to make.

Still, theres no excuse not to add other mods.

New paint just doesnt cut the mustard I'm afraid...

They need to have used a more open standard, but they've been using this engine since, NFS:HP2 I think..

Imagine "LSD Mode" where you drift your way around the city in freerun mode...

The amount of stuff people could have made would have been limited only to the imagination of at least 2 million modders... (8.5 million copies sold worldwide)

Hell, they dont even have config files.

I wanna drift around the city dammit... I want a new city dammit!!!

Are there any patches that give more to the game?

I just tried changing the drift and free roam file around but it didnt work :(

oh the fun to be had, but no way to get there...

• 2 weeks later...

They should just throw a few supercars in, a new mode - point2point races (Midnite club 2 style), a track maker (!!!!) where you simply have a map and you click at each intersection and the track follows where you click and RELEASE AN EXPANSION PACK!!!

PLEASE EA, if youre reading this, MAKE NFSU2 BETTER!!!

So much has not been adressed...

pffft, wat do they care... im just a customer.... theyre busy taking over the world and s***...

The one gripe I have with NFS:U2 is the lack of a FREE RUN MODE in MULTIPLAYER!

I'd love to race around a city looking for other people on the server and then give them an outrun.

Hell, you can have a clan that joins a game, meets a certain place (like the petrol station for example) and then everyone goes off to their favorite place to race.

I mean come on... You have free run in single... why not multi? Or at least the FULL MAP when you do a multi-player outrun.