Windows File Protection

Greetings,

I'm having a problem with my Unattended CD. I'm using nLite, but can't get the required results. What I'm trying to do is simply disable protection of my Program Files Folder (Except Common Files), so I can delete the useless folders (xerox, movie maker, etc...). From what I've assessed in reading 60+ posts about it, I need a hacked sfc_os.dll & a hacked sfcfiles.dll. The one's I've found don't work on SP2.

Again, the only thing I want to do is turn off protection for "Program Files" folder (Preferrably maintaing Common Files Protection). For an id*** such as I, the best post would be just the sfc_os.dl_ & the sfcfiles.dl_ so I can replace, along with the coding that I put in my winnt.sif. Please don't post a link to another post, trust me I've read it before!

I'm not trying to to be pushy or rude. I have been looking for a long time and feared posting. Because if this has already been posted in the last 10 years, I'm going to get scorched!

Anyway, I know there's someone in here with a kindly heart...it's a matter of finding them.

I was under the impression that using nLite's sfc_os.dl_ completely turned off Windows File Protection. I want it on to protect my system, just not to protect "Program Files" (But if possible I would like it to protect Common Files within "Program Files"). If that makes sense

using nLite's file, you can enable/disable it via a registry tweak. :) nLite just also removes protection on folders so that they aren't recreated even when they're empty.

the key is either SFCDisable or SFCSetting for an nLite CD (forgot at the moment) and to turn off, I believe it's 0xFFFFFF9D and to turn on it's 0x00000001

If I turn it on and off using the tweak, won't it just recreate the files when it's turned on? I thought there was a tweaked version of the sfc_os.dll and sfcfiles.dll that had all protection, just didn't protect "Program Files"