Rebooting Issue On Dell Gx260

I'm trying to create a cd to run on Dell GX200s, 240s, and 260s. My first attempt, using the Intel chipset drivers (directly from them) got windows fully installed on the GX260, but the NIC died. Someone on the Dell forums suggested using their chipset drivers, but this causes the installation, after going through DOS mode and then through hardware detection, to reboot, then boot again, and reboot, over and over again. I've used both nlite 0.99.7 and 0.99.8, both give this same issue, and running the installation on a GX200 or through VirtualPC works completely fine. Does anyone else deal with these machines that might have some pointers?

• 4 months later...
I'm trying to create a cd to run on Dell GX200s, 240s, and 260s. My first attempt, using the Intel chipset drivers (directly from them) got windows fully installed on the GX260, but the NIC died. Someone on the Dell forums suggested using their chipset drivers, but this causes the installation, after going through DOS mode and then through hardware detection, to reboot, then boot again, and reboot, over and over again. I've used both nlite 0.99.7 and 0.99.8, both give this same issue, and running the installation on a GX200 or through VirtualPC works completely fine. Does anyone else deal with these machines that might have some pointers?

I have similar problem, but mind is rebooted just right after the "Installing Networks" completed. After two weeks of troubleshoot and a help of this forums, I found out that the problem was caused by the DUPLICATE computer name.

When is yours reboot (T-30-32)? Try unplug your network cable and see if it helps.

SK

I had about 40, yes i said 40 Dell GX 260's that did the same thing... my only recource was to start from scratch...

BTW NETWORK CABLE SHOULD NEVER BE PLUGED IN DURING INSTALL....

Your firewall won't be started.... and even if you don't use one... you Virus protection won't be either.