Who Uses Winme ?

cypher_soundz

Can i ask if anyone used WINME and if so why? i love 98 just for the fact it was quiet fast and i used it for quiet a while with my dual processors for games (had trouble with red alert 2 ) but winme was the worst thing M$ had ever done if they want to test some things for XP they should of released an internal alpha or something lol in the owrds of mr T i pitty the fool who runs WINME.

Regards

cyph

lol, sorry a had a look but didnt really find any simular posts.

lol @ MCT

Can i ask if anyone used WINME and if so why?

just really wanted to know if and why any noe uses it.

i guess it may be a little pointless, jsut wanted to see if there wher any winme users out there :).

@ prathapml

cool , have you not found any random errors etc? i could not stand it , maybe the latest patches sorted out some of the things?

Regards

cyph

Nope - no random errors, nothing. Just works perfectly, in fact better than 98se.

Got it within a month of its release back in 2000, and no matter what the configuration it has always been fine. Maybe having bought the licensed version, and knowing what I'm doing has something to do with it - coz it worked fine no matter how much I stressed it. ;)

i love 98 just for the fact it was quiet fast and i used it for quiet a while with my dual processors for games

Windows 9x/ME does not support dual processors. 9x kernels can only recognize and use one processor. If you thought it was faster it was just you imagination.

It has a cleaner-looking UI, updated IE, removed real-mode DOS... has a lot of system files and others bug-fixed since win98se.... most importantly is still in support (unlike 98se which has gone into "extended" mode).

Its the pinnacle of the 9x series. :yes:

WinME ran like a dream for me. 98 drivers used to give it some problems, but when you upgraded to MinME drivers, it was the most reliable 9x OS. It was alot more than just a cosmetic change, as to 98. Alot of the changes were under the hood. XML support for one example. WinME set the stage for the Win XP release.

The only use that I have found for Windows ME is job security. Probably 8 out of the last 10 personaly owned computer that I have fixed have had Windows ME. All of the problems were O.S related. I recommend that everyone running Windows ME should upgrade to Windows 98. :lol:

I ran Me for awhile. It was definately way faster than any other Windows and way more reliable than 98SE. On my equipment that is!!

One thing to remember is, that SR is BROKEN in Me, and - over time - it may cause crashes and performance degrades. There's an update on WU that makes it work a little better. But a much better solution is to swith it off entirely as the very first thing after installing the OS.

The only reason I've reverted to 98SE is, that Me cannot exit to DOS, and I want to do that sometimes. :rolleyes:

definately way faster than any other Windows and way more reliable than 98SE

Very true!
The only reason I've reverted to 98SE is, that Me cannot exit to DOS, and I want to do that sometimes.  :rolleyes:
There should be no need for you to do so. Its good that real-mode DOS support was removed because it drastically reduces device driver loading time, boot-time, improves performance, and reduces attack surface for viruses.

And as for SR - indeed!

It needs to be updated with WindowsUpdate to work. But then, no one EVER likes it. It eats your HD space and then when you're desperate for it, it doesn't quite restore your system to perfection. Disable the darn thing, lol.