Which Browser You Use When IE7 Is There?

xper

Example: here ya go: www.randysimons.com

It's a Dutch website of which the high-end version renders horribly in IE but renders beautifully in Firefox and Opera. And guess what! it's completely valid XHTML and CSS2.

This site is BEATIFUL in IE :)

Example: here ya go: www.randysimons.com

It's a Dutch website of which the high-end version renders horribly in IE but renders beautifully in Firefox and Opera. And guess what! it's completely valid XHTML and CSS2.

Although if you look through the source, the site uses a completly different css stylesheet when using IE. So you cant really tell how it will look in IE.. but I dont think very well since there is so much CSS stuff going on.

i used firefox for ages, and thought it was the end-all be-all of browsers, until i tried maxthon (myie2). it's faster, has more features, more extensible, uses way less resources (maxthon on cnn.com: 14megs, ffox on cnn.com: 40megs)(especially since firefox 1.0's notorious and horrible memory leaking issue), and basically does everything that firefox does only better and with less effort. it fixes ALL of ie's shortages. i'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

Hey Guys

All you Firefox fans are gona be really SORRY when IE 7 hits the market. If you are picking firefox for security purposes, then u are on Crack. I believe an open source will have more problem then IE 7 closed source. All ready you are seeing Firefox be hacked. What a Joke. Firefox my a**!

I will take on all you Firefox Fans!

IE ALL THE WAY! B)

IE Team OUT! :lol:

P.S. IE FAN! B)

then u are on Crack. I believe an open source will have more problem then IE 7 closed source. All ready you are seeing Firefox be hacked. What a Joke. Firefox my a**!

I will take on all you Firefox Fans!

lmao..crackheaded em....rock n roll...IE lives on guys

Someone please tell me why I don't like fanboys who have absolutely no arguments ? ;)

If MS has the guts to get xhtml, better css2 and transparent png support into IE7, than I'll be very happy. It would ease my life as webdeveloper. But with MS's current attitude towards standards I don't see this happening anytime soon.

my standards-compliant code renders just fine in IE. and as for ie's lack of compliance on xhtml and css2..the only browser out there that does it even remotely "by the book" is safari. opera, firefox, ie all have different implementations, it is by no means an IE-only issue, regardless of what slashdotters would have you think.

as for transparent png's, yeah i'd like that too.

well, firefox at least supports xhtml mime type, position:fixed; :first-child, margin:auto for non strict doctypes, + operator, etc.

and i don't think that the KHTML engine handles css better than gecko.

i used firefox for ages, and thought it was the end-all be-all of browsers, until i tried maxthon (myie2).  it's faster, has more features, more extensible, uses way less resources (maxthon on cnn.com: 14megs, ffox on cnn.com: 40megs)(especially since firefox 1.0's notorious and horrible memory leaking issue), and basically does everything that firefox does only better and with less effort.  it fixes ALL of ie's shortages.  i'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

The first person to mention Maxthon (It uses the IE Trident Engine) If MS just goes to school on what Bloodchen has created then IE7 will be a knockout. And to those who keep harping on about standards, IE IS THE de facto standard (A de facto standard, for instance, is a technical or other standard that is so dominant that everybody seems to follow it like an authorized standard. The de jure standard may be different:)

Just my 5 cents worth! :whistle:

i used firefox for ages, and thought it was the end-all be-all of browsers, until i tried maxthon (myie2).  it's faster, has more features, more extensible, uses way less resources (maxthon on cnn.com: 14megs, ffox on cnn.com: 40megs)(especially since firefox 1.0's notorious and horrible memory leaking issue), and basically does everything that firefox does only better and with less effort.  it fixes ALL of ie's shortages.  i'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

The first person to mention Maxthon (It uses the IE Trident Engine) If MS just goes to school on what Bloodchen has created then IE7 will be a knockout. And to those who keep harping on about standards, IE IS THE de facto standard (A de facto standard, for instance, is a technical or other standard that is so dominant that everybody seems to follow it like an authorized standard. The de jure standard may be different:)

Just my 5 cents worth! :whistle:

only because MS is trying to force their things onto us doesn't mean its a standard. And HTML/CSS standards are formed by the w3c of which even MS is a part of. So what do you think ?

btw tell this the webmasters who try to build valid xhtml/css pages. Are you a webmaster after all ? Because if you were, you wouldn't be talking like this

[edit] just in case : Validate your homepage

The way microsoft cares for IE and its engine is only hindering web innovation. Why do you think css2 or 3 were invented ? to make things easier or harder for webmaster ? if MS doesn't implement it that only means to me that they don't care for me or other webdesigners.