Xplode4 Script Generator

Nanaki

Alright, I'm planning on programming a GUI for the less-XML-gifted, or just because it would be a lot more clear. But -before I start- I would like to hear suggestions and/or if you would be interested in this project?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

This would really help me too. I have just started using Xplode but haven't made anything yet. I have seen the results and have been extremely impressed with the results so i am about to try it for the first time (Yes i did read the EULA nice one there wraith!). Unfortunately i know nothing about XML so i am on a high learning curve and anyhting that could help would be greatly appreciated.

Thumbs up from me on this topic! :thumbup

Well, I recently moved to a new laptop, so I still hve to install VS.net again. :P Besides, I'm having some busy weeks right now, but I'll get back on this project. In the meanwhile, know that XPlode is actually pretty easy to learn, you don't have to know XML at all in fact.

If it's going to take a few weeks to get an XML creator working, then it might be wise to hold off until XPlode5 - I have been planning a whole bunch of changes regarding the plugin system, with embedded documentation being part of it.

I had planned to release an XML creator concurrently with X5's release, but if you want to do it, that's fine by me - I can tell you how to interface to the embedded documentation.

At this stage, I haven't done any coding, just been doing block diagrams and actually designing the system (designing... anybody do that any more?), rather than jumping in and implementing it, as I have done in the past.

It'll be C-style DLL entry points, with unicode strings and DWORDs to pass data back and forward from the plugins.

If you're keen, let me know and I'll send some initial info your way.

Yeah, well, I think it would be better if you made it. See, I'm not a good programmer. I am able to program something like this, but it would only be in .NET. I know a bit about ClassLibraries but that's as far as my DLL-knowledge goes. Maybe in a year or so? :P

Well, I could try and learn of course.

I would love the availability of this type of program.

I currently install apps on my unattended cd via the runonceex.cmd method but after seeing a couple of screenshots of XPlode I think its much better.

Unfortunately, like others, I have no idea about xml's. I have read the pdf which came with the XPlode download and tried a few things but I don't know what to do to make it work.

If not an xml script generator, then perhaps an in depth guide?

I've searched high and low for a guide but most results are quite sketchy and seem to assume you have prior knowledge on the topic.

Just a thought.