Having Difficulties Silently Installing Forceware.

Sgt_Strider

I tried it with the latest 71.80 drivers and 67.66, but it just doesn't work. This is how I do it, I downloaded the 67.66 drivers and then I extract it with winrar. I copied all of those files to $1\drivers\002_graphics

This is how my winnt.sif look like:

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=YES
   OemPnPDriversPath="drivers\000_chipset;drivers\001_network;drivers\002_graphics;drivers\003_sound;drivers\004_monitor"
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   UnattendSwitch="yes"
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS

After I put that into an .iso and burned it, everything proceeds to install and then I get the blue screen of death.

It tells me to make sure the drivers are right, hardware is installed properly and etc. At the bottom of the screen, I get the following technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF6F72184, 0xF7A31D3C, 0xF7A31A38)

What's going on here? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Your 6600GT is supported by 66.93

Check this link for more information about these drivers.

If you use the winnt.sif methode, your driver needs to be WHQL!

If not, then how do I install install the beta drivers?

I thought these two commands will allow the installation of non-WHQL drivers?

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

???

Now comes the tricky part. The installation of unsigned drivers will trigger the usual warning messages.

So you may think: "No problem. I just change the 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing' value in HIVESFT.INF!"

Should work, but does not. Windows Setup resets the "Driver Signing" entries when it starts.

This is some info that I found in this topic

maybe you want to use WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe (see topic) for these beta drivers.

Another alternative is to install the drivers in RunonceEX or with a batchfile. If you extract the driver, there should be an .ISS included. If you modify this, you can install almost silently. You still get the "driver is not signed" warning (but you can created an AutoIT script to handle with this)

I would recommend you to use methode 1 and read the above topic

@ Sgt_Strider

Bashrat is using Pyron's methode (see the link in my last post) in his drivers pack.

You can downoad Bashrat's packs and modify DP Graphics A (replace the 66.93 drivers in his pack, with the one that you would like to use.)

Then, run the DP BASE and choose methode 2

Will this work with the winnt.sif method?

Only one way to find out - try and see. ;)

Also,

1. Beta drivers are beta for a reason - I have seen WHQL drivers that are WHQL for all of geforce series except a particular set, and so on....

2. If you're testing, you shouldn't be desperate enough to use betas.

3. What does the betas give you anyway? Better performance? That perf. improvement is only with top-of-the-line cards (geforce 6800). Moreover, shouldn't you be looking for a functional install first before starting to get perf. benefits? :P